Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe bolts. Info please.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Are all the bolts on the turbo to downpipe bokts? Or are any of them studs? I'm asking because my downpipe came with new bolts but i though 1 was a stud if not than I assume it's okay to snap the rusted 1 and replace or will it still need to be drilled out if it snaps?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are all the bolts on the turbo to downpipe bokts? Or are any of them studs? I'm asking because my downpipe came with new bolts but i though 1 was a stud if not than I assume it's okay to snap the rusted 1 and replace or will it still need to be drilled out if it snaps?

From what I've gathered is you can have either bolts or studs....but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I'm going to install my downpipe right after Christmas and I'm fearing the bolt/stud that everyone talks about if its a bolt I will be extremely relieved. Snap it and put the new one on.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm going to install my downpipe right after Christmas and I'm fearing the bolt/stud that everyone talks about if its a bolt I will be extremely relieved. Snap it and put the new one on.

It's better to be prepared if it has studs and it happens....than to play the run around to a Ford dealership or hardware store that day especially on the weekend ..IMO....I'm sure others will chime in also.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've got an ARP stud and nut kit in waiting just in case.
Where did you get them and what size? I'll be there also as soon as Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] throws down his catted DP.

jeff

2000 Post Club

I can help you.

[video=youtube;L531i3OnCUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L531i3OnCUM[/video]

But seriously, I can. I swapped my downpipe a few months ago. My bud Daniel helped me, and we both have a black 2015 Fiesta ST. Now the odd thing is that while his car had downpipe bolts, mine had the studs. They were built a few months apart. So lucky for me I'd obtained both parts in advance just to be safe since I'd read here and there that some cars had studs and some had bolts. I advise getting both, then return what you need later. That way you don't have to have your car apart and be waiting on parts. Here are the part numbers:

*W711242-S300, Turbocharger to Downpipe Stud, qty. 3
*W715974-S300, Turbocharger to Downpipe Nut, qty. 3
*W715681-S900, Turbo to Downpipe bolt, qty. 3

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
If it has bolts will they all be bolts? Sounds odd I know but I have seen it before. Mine has a bolt on the bottom that I could see from installing my new rmm. Are those bolts threaded in the turbo flange or just straight through? Thx.

jeff

2000 Post Club
If it has bolts will they all be bolts? Sounds odd I know but I have seen it before. Mine has a bolt on the bottom that I could see from installing my new rmm. Are those bolts threaded in the turbo flange or just straight through? Thx.

I would assume itā€™s all one or the other but to be safe i suggest getting all the parts i mentioned.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
New bolts came with the downpipe. It's just the studs I might need.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Yea that will come in handy. Nobody mentioned the order the bolts must be tightened in. I will look up what 25nm works out to in ft lbs lol.

felopr

Yea that will come in handy. Nobody mentioned the order the bolts must be tightened in. I will look up what 25nm works out to in ft lbs lol.

18.44 ft-lb, in other words, 19ft-lb
Thanks google lol

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I can help you.

[video=youtube;L531i3OnCUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L531i3OnCUM[/video]

But seriously, I can. I swapped my downpipe a few months ago. My bud Daniel helped me, and we both have a black 2015 Fiesta ST. Now the odd thing is that while his car had downpipe bolts, mine had the studs. They were built a few months apart. So lucky for me I'd obtained both parts in advance just to be safe since I'd read here and there that some cars had studs and some had bolts. I advise getting both, then return what you need later. That way you don't have to have your car apart and be waiting on parts. Here are the part numbers:

*W711242-S300, Turbocharger to Downpipe Stud, qty. 3
*W715974-S300, Turbocharger to Downpipe Nut, qty. 3
*W715681-S900, Turbo to Downpipe bolt, qty. 3
Were the bolts threaded through the turbo flange? Or just passed through?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Were the bolts threaded through the turbo flange? Or just passed through?

They are threaded, whether bolt or stud - the flange is the same either way, it has a female thread. Whether bolt or stud it's threaded.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Damn it! Thx guys, all this info should make my install easier.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Weekend of Xmas. I'll let you guys know.

kevinatfms

Grab the ARP stud kit from Whoosh or Amazon. It will make your whole life alot easier in the long run. I know i am going to upgrade to the ARP kit with the Whoosh catted downpipe when it comes out since i plan on going with an X47R early next year.

For $50 its great insurance against breaking or stripping bolt heads.