Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fist owner wrote the letter praising the Civic SI in Car and driver?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have never ONCE used a gif on here. You must be referring to TyphoonFiST.

The emojis are there so that there is NO MISTAKING any; inflection, intent, 'snark', or attitude, which is sooo easy to take the WRONG way online, and I use them as such. [wink] (THERE you go.)

NOPE, I will not praise the 'latest and greatest marvel of Nippon engineering' which is that origami monstrosity (albeit yes, a pretty good performer).
It must have been that one 'traitor' on here who told us he was trading in the FiST for the over priced HonDUH. LOL

I have never ONCE used a gif on here.

The emojis are there so that there is NO MISTAKING any inflection, intent, 'snark', or attitude, which is sooo easy to take the WRONG way online.

NOPE, I will not praise the 'latest and greatest marvel of Nippon engineering' which is that origami monstrosity. Must have been that one 'traitor' on here who told us he was trading in the FiST for the over priced HonDUH. LOL
I wish Honda would send you a press car for review. I for one would really enjoy reading your writeup!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Zissou

The emojis are there so that there is NO MISTAKING any; inflection, intent, 'snark', or attitude, which is sooo easy to take the WRONG way online, and I use them as such. [wink] (THERE you go.)

NOPE, I will not praise the 'latest and greatest marvel of Nippon engineering' which is that origami monstrosity (albeit yes, a pretty good performer).
It must have been that one 'traitor' on here who told us he was trading in the FiST for the over priced HonDUH. LOL
tbh though the civic type R's suspension geometry sounds pretty nice. Virtually no torque steer in a 300 hp fwd car? That's impressive engineering.
Design dept went a little nuts though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'd rather have GM send me a Z06, or Ford send me a 350R for "review"! [driving] [burnout]

IF I am going to be dropping that amount of coin on anything, it IS going to be RWD or AWD, and MUCH MORE powerful than that thing can even be made by it's 'fanbois' (for MUCH extra coin of course).

I was NEVER into the whole import worshiping, JDM YO, Honda engine code number deification thing scene (and this goes DOUBLE for the whole TOYota/Nissun <- purposely misspelled LOL, engine code thing), and I certainly don't plan on doing so at this stage of my life. ;)

zanethan

Yeah that was my mistake I was thinking of typhoon. I meant to go back and edit but forgot.

zanethan

Yeah that was my mistake I was thinking of typhoon. I meant to go back and edit but forgot.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Maybe I'm just dense but....is there a link somewhere to help me figure out what the hell is going on? lol. Thought I'd open this thread to see a comparison of ST vs Si

OP
Quisp

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Maybe I'm just dense but....is there a link somewhere to help me figure out what the hell is going on? lol. Thought I'd open this thread to see a comparison of ST vs Si
Car & Driver magazine has a section where readers letters are printed . Someone wrote in that had claimed to have a Cobb stage 3 fist about how they liked the styling of the Civic.

Business6

Car & Driver magazine has a section where readers letters are printed . Someone wrote in that had claimed to have a Cobb stage 3 fist about how they liked the styling of the Civic.
The damn thing looks like it ran through a glue factory and then crashed into a LEGO store.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Apart from the stupid rear bumper, I'm kind of a fan of the styling of the Si Coupe. I parked next to a type R the other day and its just too much in person. I can respect that car for being a beast but I would never own one until they toned down the styling.

Has anyone driven the new Si?

I would consider the type R.... if it was 8 grands cheaper. Optioned the way I want it.

While not a huge fan of the overall styling, I don't hate it or feel dead if seen inside one, it helps that it becomes stereo-typically normal if I sit in one. (I am Asian).

other reasons to like the type R:
its larger than the FiST.
its probably just as fun to drive. maybe.
i like it more than the focus ST, but not as much as the RS, but I have a lot of mixed feelings about the RS.
it practically cost as much as a nicely optioned out Miata RF, but twice as ugly and probably twice as fast.... trade style for performance? maybe worth it. maybe.
practical, its larger than the FiST, and would be a nice driver for a family-ish car... just my opinion.

yep that being said, I'll keep my FiST till it melts.

the rear of the new civics is hideous!
If its all hashed out to be all high performing, its okay, the only person seeing the rear is the guy you are beating on the tracks... lol

besides you never see it unless you somehow drive behind your own car... only one way to do that and I'd hate to be in that situation.