Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DFW Fiesta ST

ajdowdell

I've been around for a while, had a new SRT4 back in the day, 300ZXTT, firebirds, 86 RX7 etc. Took a sabatical from cars to ride motorcycles for almost a decade, now my kids are getting older and doing activities so I need to be able to pick them up and drop them off here, there, and everywhere. The Fiesta ST was the tool for the job. Test drove lots of other older "sporty" cars including available old SRT4s... they were all beat to death... I wanted to start from a clean slate, something I wouldn't be dealing with everyone else's mal-mods... I need stone cold reliability, fun, good gas mileage, and the ability to haul 4 kids in a pinch.

I plan on installing a hitch <gasp from the crowds> and hauling my son and I's mountain bikes all over the DFW to hit as many DORBA trails as is possible next year. We are rocking KTM bicycles. Son got 3rd overall in the DORBA Fall XC series for the 10U class, plan on beating that next year [deviltail]. If anyone is a fellow mountain biker lets ride!

As for car mods... maybe muffler delete... Other than that it'll stay mostly stock. My son in 6ish years will probably inherit it as his first car, then we can play with it [8D]

Attachments

DaveG99

Welcome. We have a good group of ST's in DFW. Check out our facebook page. We meet up every tuesday at erbert and gerberts in plano. We do lots of events like meets, cruises, and even ugly sweater party's

I also have a black fiesta st with black wheels and I ride mountain bikes. And i have kids as well with the youngest being 8.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthTexasSTs/

I had a hitch receiver on my old car for my bike rack. Didn't want to put one on the ST though and my bike went generally unused after that until I sold it. I tried fitting it in the rear but it only fit with both wheels removed (29er).

Welcome!

I installed roof-mounted rack for my bike and the low ride height makes loading/unloading a breeze. Despite being a bit more than I wanted to spend, the functionality is worth it. Plus the looks have really grown on me!