Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TPMS Issue

Hey guys having an issue with my TPMS and using the tool to relearn them to the car. Story is when I got the car it had on aftermarket wheels with TPMS working just fine. The car also came with the stock wheels that had only driven like 2k miles with the tires like new. I put the stock wheels back on and no matter what I do I cant get them to reprogram with the remote/tool that I bought (Motorcraft TPMS19) Now I cant confirm, but I have no reason to believe that the stock tires were dismounted, TPMS removed, and re-mounted, and the valve stems look the same when I look up a set of TPMS.

I can get the car into the mode to "learn" by pressing the brake, on-off-on-off-on, brake, off-on-off-on-off-on, horn beeps and the screen says front left tire. I point the remote everywhere on the tire all around the valve stem and tire and it never seems to register and it eventually times out. I have some new aftermarket wheels coming in and am just swapping my stock tires over, and was hoping to use the TPMS I currently have, but it seems weird I cant get them to register.

Are there any tricks I am missing, or could there just be something wrong with them? I guess there is the slight possibility that they aren't in there, but I doubt someone would have paid to remove/remount the tires just to get them out.

felopr

silly question, are you 100% sure the stock wheels have tpms's in them?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Have you tried without the tool? (letting air out until it honks)

Also, different issue, but my car refused to keep aftermarket sensors synced.. Discount tire had to buy OEM ones for my new wheels.

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
silly question, are you 100% sure the stock wheels have tpms's in them?
Well like i said in my post, i cannot confirm 100%, but I find it highly unlikely they were removed for the reasons I already detailed. Also the valve stems are identical to the pictures of TPMS I looked up, even the valve stem cap. I guess I will find out for sure at the tire shop this weekend, but if they dont have it I will probably just deal with the light for the time being, as I dont have enough time to order a set.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Have you tried without the tool? (letting air out until it honks)

Also, different issue, but my car refused to keep aftermarket sensors synced.. Discount tire had to buy OEM ones for my new wheels.
I did originally try this method before I purchased the tool, but from what I gathered, this procedure is only for rotating tires that are already learned to the car.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Install the stock wheels, drive for 10-20 minutes, bring the car back home and program the sensors. I had one sensor that went to sleep and it would not program. I tried everything and it just wouldn't work. I found out that over time, the sensor turns off to save battery life. Driving will turn the sensor back on and then it can be programmed.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I had picked up a set of wheels & tires and following the procedures, the system malfunction indicator would disappear... until well into the next drive. Several weeks later, using the Autel TS401 MaxiTPMS Activation Tool purchased via Amazon, (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AERMVYC) I found that all four sensors were reading precise temperatures, but zero on the pressure. (a prior owner used sealant?) So I had to purchase a new set of sensors and have them installed.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...eels-and-tires?p=260553&viewfull=1#post260553

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
So after all of that, it turns out the previous owner did just what I thought seemed crazy, he had the TPMS removed from the stock wheels, then had them remounted. So when I was having the tire shop swap my tires over to my new wheels, no sensors. I had them mount them anyway and figured out how to disable the TPMS using Forscan and an OBDII cable, so I dont have to deal with that light.

felopr

So after all of that, it turns out the previous owner did just what I thought seemed crazy, he had the TPMS removed from the stock wheels, then had them remounted. So when I was having the tire shop swap my tires over to my new wheels, no sensors. I had them mount them anyway and figured out how to disable the TPMS using Forscan and an OBDII cable, so I dont have to deal with that light.
Lol, see i told you