Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST Owner Oregon

anticon

Hey, I just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a new 2017 Fiesta ST Magnetic Grey w/ Recaros and black wheels. I have been driving my 2002 VW Passat GLX 4Motion Wagon for the past 10+ years/150k miles and decided it was time for a change. The car was a great jack of all trades and I love her but she was starting to shift funny and was just to much car for what I needed. I started with the idea of getting the best sporty car I could for the best value. I considered a lot of different cars over the past few months. I did have the criteria added by my wife that it needed to haul two small kids in a pinch which threw out all the 2-seater options. I also decided I wanted something domestic to hopefully keep the maintenance costs down. The VW was pretty expensive with respect to maintenance and repairs. We also just got a used Lincoln MKT with the 3.5l Ecoboost and I was impressed with the power. So when I found the Fiesta ST fit all my criteria I started to seriously consider them. I always said I would never buy a new car because of the depreciation, but I couldn't find any good used Fiesta ST's for a decent price. It seems that there is little depreciation and not enough to make me consider a 50k mile car for only a $4,000 discount from new. The Octane Academy is also a nice bonus, since I have always wanted to do something like that. I watched all the youtube videos, and read as many reviews I could. I also considered the Focus ST, and the VW Golf GTI, but in the end I decided that since this car was already a compromise, I wasn't going to compromise more for the bigger or fancier car. Plus I really didn't want to pay more than $20k. So, now I am a proud Fiesta ST owner, all my other friends probably think I'm crazy since they are driving SUV's and trucks but that just makes me love my new Fiesta even more.

Welcome. I'm also in Sherwood area, on Ladd Hill. My FiST is the same as yours, sans the black wheels. I drove the Octane Academy last year, and it was indeed tons of fun.

Once you scrub your tires in, drive Haugen road, on Parrett Mtn, if you've not done so already...great road in this car. Some long-time locals call it "32 corners". Many great rural driving roads in this area....don't advertise it, though....

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #8
Rico, thanks. The roads in the area are one of the reasons I bought the car. I've been scoping them out for a while. I'm on the other side of the highway on Laurel Ridge. I figure the roads up the mountain from Newberg would be pretty good (219 and Mountain Road.) I hope to see you around, I'll keep an eye out.