Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interior Door Trim from SE

Yo - I am looking to spruce up the interior a bit on our cars and noticed that SE trim level Fiestas use to come with metallic handles. Does anyone know if this is the same satin chrome finish that is on our ST steering wheel, air vent surrounds and door latch? I have not been in a Fiesta SE and I am having a hard time comparing the finish in pictures (also a little color blind).

The part description for the SE trim door handle states the finish is obsidian metallic while the description for our vent surround is satin chrome.

Links to part descriptions
Handle cover - https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-panel-cover-be8z5422671da
Air Vent Surround - https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...9Zmllc3RhJnk9MjAxNiZ0PXN0JmU9MS02bC1sNC1nYXM=

Example of SE Interior

Yes it is more matte than chrome. However, the handles are a thicker plastic than the black which does make the handle feel a little better.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Yes it is more matte than chrome. However, the handles are a thicker plastic than the black which does make the handle feel a little better.
Thanks for the responses. I was excited about the finished feel of the painted surface compared to the rough black plastic that we get.

I wonder if it is close enough not to notice or if it would look odd.

It is pretty close and not too bad IMO. It gives a nice contrast to an all black door.

check out a LKQ or another car yard near you they might have a fiesta there and see it OR just walk into a Ford dealership.

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
Good idea with LKQ, it doesn't look like the new 2016/2017 SE trim come with that trim anymore. I will take a look when I am at the dealer on Friday trying to get my 1-2 clunk fixed. They claimed nothing is wrong with my car and they don't hear anything so I am doing a ride along with a technician.

I believe that it was 2012 and below. I got mine off of eBay a while back. There is a very fragile clip that hangs off the handle that gets broken very easily when pulling off or putting on and doesn't seem to sit right.

you could also get some auto paint online (pick a nice color like the fiesta metallic gray) pull off the trim, sand and paint it.

27939.jpeg

I just did this today. Picked up the handle trims and a new hatch cover from a 2013 SE for a whopping $15.41 from a local LKQ pick n pull yard. It's a slightly darker shade, but fancied it up fairly decently. The cluster on the SE is also a silver color, which, depending on how hard it is to pull, I may do as well since the ST only has silver trim rings.

No tools needed for the handle trims too! Just a squeeze and pull.

OP
K
Thread Starter #11
View attachment 17201

I just did this today. Picked up the handle trims and a new hatch cover from a 2013 SE for a whopping $15.41 from a local LKQ pick n pull yard. It's a slightly darker shade, but fancied it up fairly decently. The cluster on the SE is also a silver color, which, depending on how hard it is to pull, I may do as well since the ST only has silver trim rings.

No tools needed for the handle trims too! Just a squeeze and pull.
Awesome, thanks for posting up a pic! It doesn't look too bad at all and adds a nice contrast. Would you have a wider shot of the interior with that door handle?

I don't. I would liken this color on the handle covers to a titanium/nickel, the ones on the actual door handle is a satin silver.

Very much so. It's still cheap, blow moulded plastic, but there's no escaping that.