Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

who's running h&r ss springs

LILIKE16ST

As the title states who here is running these springs? Any on stock dampers? What about aftermarket dampers with them? Would the bilstein b8 be a good match with them? Just curious and testing the waters trying to find out some info as I love the look these springs have. I want the swifts because linear rate but I don't track the car and slightly prefer the look of the ss springs but was curious as to what dampers would match up with them pretty good and if anyone else is running them and see if I could find some feedback. I've searched extensively and haven't seen many running them. Thanks in advance.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I've actually seen tons of guys running these which is why I tried them for a few months
The drop is the lowest you'll get with springs (as far as I know)
Ride quality was certainly stiffer than stock but it wasn't bad. It did handle a little better for at least my driving style (I'm not a cone killer though)
To sum it up, for just over $220 bucks, these worked great for me on the stock struts/shocks
I did replace them with K-Sport coilovers which I do prefer but I did not "hate life" at anytime while running the H&R SS's

hope this helps

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I run them and like he said the lowest spring on the market. And the car also does rub daily and I'm on stock 205s. It's going to be worse once I go to wider

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #4
By rub do you mean lock to lock turning in parking lots or while cornering aggressively or both? That's a bummer they do look really nice with that drop. I'm running the 15x8 team dynamics in warm weather but with slightly stretched 195 bfg currently I plan to go with 205 Continental extreme Contact sports when tbose need replaced. I may have to stick with the original plan of swift spec r springs but man those ss look awesome

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
By rub do you mean lock to lock turning in parking lots or while cornering aggressively or both? That's a bummer they do look really nice with that drop. I'm running the 15x8 team dynamics in warm weather but with slightly stretched 195 bfg currently I plan to go with 205 Continental extreme Contact sports when tbose need replaced. I may have to stick with the original plan of swift spec r springs but man those ss look awesome
The only time I would rub is when fully locked one way making a U-turn in Vegas when rushing trying to avoid oncoming traffic
and it wasn't every time
other than that I don't recall ever rubbing with them
Just my experience with the H&R's

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #6
The only time I would rub is when fully locked one way making a U-turn in Vegas when rushing trying to avoid oncoming traffic
and it wasn't every time
other than that I don't recall ever rubbing with them
Just my experience with the H&R's
That's nice to know. I know the bilstein b6 are a stock replacement type setup and the b8 is more geared towards lowering spring setups in your oppinion Ron do you think the b8s would be enough for the ss springs? I know I hear they work excellent with the spec r and other inch or so drop springs but these are obviously a little more and I was just wondering if that would be a good setup in your opinion. Thanks. I really love the looks of the springs and since I don't track that car I'm thinking they would be fine for my daily.