Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AC Working, but not Blowing?

Hello all! My AC has just started acting up in my 2014 Fiesta ST. I'm the original owner and pushing 75k miles. I haven't had any previous trouble, but just a few days ago the AC stopped blowing from the "hand" level vents. Feet and Defrost appear to be fine. Any ideas? I had a blower problem in my wife's Escape and a quick change of the Blower Motor Resistor fixed all my problems. I ordered one of these from Amazon for the FiST, but it's the wrong one and it looks like the one I need is much more expensive. Before trying that one, I figured I check online for any better ideas? Thanks in advance!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello all! My AC has just started acting up in my 2014 Fiesta ST. I'm the original owner and pushing 75k miles. I haven't had any previous trouble, but just a few days ago the AC stopped blowing from the "hand" level vents. Feet and Defrost appear to be fine. Any ideas? I had a blower problem in my wife's Escape and a quick change of the Blower Motor Resistor fixed all my problems. I ordered one of these from Amazon for the FiST, but it's the wrong one and it looks like the one I need is much more expensive. Before trying that one, I figured I check online for any better ideas? Thanks in advance!
So the a/c doesnt blow cold? Or the a/c blows cold but just on your feet? I would suspect that it's one of the mode actuators that control the doors that dictate where the air should go....they sometimes make a knocking noise when going bad. They can be had everywhere...Rock Auto has a Dorman one...dealer ones have that have been "superseded". This is where I would start...Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
So the a/c doesnt blow cold? Or the a/c blows cold but just on your feet? I would suspect that it's one of the mode actuators that control the doors that dictate where the air should go....they sometimes make a knocking noise when going bad. They can be had everywhere...Rock Auto has a Dorman one...dealer ones have that have been "superseded". This is where I would start...Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the response. It's the same whether I'm trying to blow hot or cold. Air flows from the defrost vents and feet vents at the appropriate temperature, I simply get no movement out of the "hand" vents.

I'll look into the "mode actuators."

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the response. It's the same whether I'm trying to blow hot or cold. Air flows from the defrost vents and feet vents at the appropriate temperature, I simply get no movement out of the "hand" vents.

I'll look into the "mode actuators."
There's a couple threads on it here....read on my friend. Not to hard to do either...just got to spend time on your back.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I had tried searching, but was using the wrong terms!

I've ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-604-4...qid=1513999243&sr=8-1&keywords=dorman+604-400

And found the video at the end of the long thread for the best access. I'll let you know how it goes. I used to have the ticking sound, so apparently this complete failure has been a long time coming!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I had tried searching, but was using the wrong terms!

I've ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-604-4...qid=1513999243&sr=8-1&keywords=dorman+604-400

And found the video at the end of the long thread for the best access. I'll let you know how it goes. I used to have the ticking sound, so apparently this complete failure has been a long time coming!
Mine did also....people would get In my car and I'd say.....what is that noise? I think there is someone inside my dashboard.hahaha

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the help! My FiST is all better now!