Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Digital gauges similar to Autometer Dashlink, with enhanced?

So lately I've been wanting some extra gauges with minimal invasive work and came across the Autometer 6032. It plugs into the OBDII port and allows the display of pretty much all obd processes in a gauge format on either an android or apple device. When I saw it for $150 I was all like "No way that's badass! I want it!" But then I found the "too good to be true" catch, it ONLY does generic obd, no enhanced. [?|] A large part of why I wanted it was for oil stats. So now it's a no go, unless these fiestas have an expanded generic list, honestly I havent checked. Even still, the info it actually CAN display would be pretty cool to see. I thought about an accessport, but I really don't intend to do any tuning, at least yet. I definitely can't see spending $500 for a couple extra gauges either. I looked and couldn't really find anything else besides the autometer that would be fairly universal. I know you may be thinking "Why bother? More to worry about." It's more of a "that'd be cool and fun to play/experiment with" type of deal. My current scan tool does enhanced with graphs, but to be even more honest I havent even looked through the entire ecm list yet to see if any oil stats even exist with this car. Im not looking to do any diagnosing, just looking for a little entertainment.
So, short question made long, Is there anything similar to the Autometer Dashlink that has enhanced read capabilities? I know, performance parts/tuning is largely expensive, so please don't bust my balls about being cheap. I dont make $100k+ like this article suggests. [sad] http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/10...nger-wealthier-than-other-fiesta-focus-owners

Thanks!

If you are interested in seeing what is available, you could read through this thread in XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-obd2-plugin-android-auto-torque-t3657805
And if you have an Android phone and Sync 3, you can use his app to show gauges on your screen (only costs $1 last time I checked).

It will take a while, but as you read through the developer does a great job of providing details about what he is finding and what the limits are. Regarding oil, I do not believe oil temp is available. At least, last time I tried it in my Torque app it just sat at 0.

There's no oil temp sensor on the FiST, only an extrapolation from the water temp. If you want to monitor your oil temp accurately you will have to install a sandwich plate and pair it up with a gauge. It's the easiest and least intrusive way. The cheapest is to skip the sandwich plate and drill and tap your pan for the sensor but this will not give you the most accurate temps and it's a lot harder to do than just install a sandwich plate.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The oil pressure has to be a 'reported PID', or else there could not even be an OP warning/idiot light in the cluster, correct?? [dunno]

But yes, sadly oil temp is NOT reported, and WILL require a sensor/sender and wiring (unless they've come up with a Blue Tooth type sensor) to a stand alone gauge, or a plug-in to an already enabled tuner/digital display/etc. device (i.e.; DiabloSport Trinity, AiM, Racepak, AEM, Stack, Cartek, MoTec, Summit etc. or the above mentioned AutoMeter device IF it has extra input capabilities).