Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford is offering a 2018 Fiesta ST in the US

To be honest, I'm kinda glad they brought this version back another year and my reasoning is, I don't really like the look of the new model (front looks pretty good, the rear looks absolutely hideous IMHO)...the interior isn't a great improvement (also have always hated the info screens that look like they glued an ipad to the top of the dash) and I'm also very skeptical of the 3-cyl engine. I would possibly change my mind if I drove one and was blown away but I just can't imagine it being that much better than the current gen we have.

DaveG99

There is a good possibility that in the future this generation of fiesta ST will become legendary. It is the most bang for your buck car ever made.

There is a good possibility that in the future this generation of fiesta ST will become legendary. It is the most bang for your buck car ever made.
I absolutely believe this. Its already a darling among car journalist as it is. It almost makes me kinda glad they aren't bringing over the new model for selfish reasons. I think for those of us who decide to keep our cars for the long haul, might be rewarded with having a future classic. The same kind of thing is happening with my '96 eclipse GS-T. Good examples of those now are starting to shoot up in price (mostly because everyone modded the hell out of them) despite being a very good car in stock form.

me32

1000 Post Club
I absolutely believe this. Its already a darling among car journalist as it is. It almost makes me kinda glad they aren't bringing over the new model for selfish reasons. I think for those of us who decide to keep our cars for the long haul, might be rewarded with having a future classic. The same kind of thing is happening with my '96 eclipse GS-T. Good examples of those now are starting to shoot up in price (mostly because everyone modded the hell out of them) despite being a very good car in stock form.
Your GS-T only became a collector cause the next gen they killed the car. It was no longer a performance car. Just a turd. 96-99 gs-t, gs-x were pretty good performers for there time.

me32

1000 Post Club
Whats with all the 3cylinder hate? We really have no idea how Much or a performer or under performer the car will be at this time.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I'd sport the 3cyl version. And even though a long shot I still hope it comes here sooner or later. You never know what ford will do nowadays.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I'd sport the 3cyl version. And even though a long shot I still hope it comes here sooner or later. You never know what ford will do nowadays.

me32

1000 Post Club
i agree. Id like to see the next gen make it over in 2019.

Whats with all the 3cylinder hate? We really have no idea how Much or a performer or under performer the car will be at this time.
Well..... nostalgia ain't what it used to be. I know Mini did it with success. I am sure that the balance issues have been taken care of. My thoughts are, how much modding can a 3 cyl take vs the 4? Yes I am addicted to boost :0 I wanted this car and became upset when they were going to take it out of the US market. Now I have a chance [biggrin]

me32

1000 Post Club
Well..... nostalgia ain't what it used to be. I know Mini did it with success. I am sure that the balance issues have been taken care of. My thoughts are, how much modding can a 3 cyl take vs the 4? Yes I am addicted to boost :0 I wanted this car and became upset when they were going to take it out of the US market. Now I have a chance [biggrin]
Those are valid questions that im sure all of us would like to know. I would like to see how well the new platform performs before i say ya or nay. On paper out of the box the 1.5 3cylinder looks pretty good. But like the rest of us i would like to see how much more it can be pushed.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Knowing mountune, I'm sure they're already working on performance parts for the 3 cylinder. We just won't see those cars here.

Damn, knowing there will be a back up cam on the 2018 makes me and my 2017 with 600 miles a bit sad. However, getting OTD for under $19k feels pretty good (base model), wonder if that will be possible with 2018s at any point. If so - back to being sad, haha.

me32

1000 Post Club
Damn, knowing there will be a back up cam on the 2018 makes me and my 2017 with 600 miles a bit sad. However, getting OTD for under $19k feels pretty good (base model), wonder if that will be possible with 2018s at any point. If so - back to being sad, haha.
Sure it will be. Youll just have to find the deal.

Your GS-T only became a collector cause the next gen they killed the car. It was no longer a performance car. Just a turd. 96-99 gs-t, gs-x were pretty good performers for there time.
You're exactly right. That is more to my point of saying that I'm kinda glad they aren't going to bring the new model ST over here. In time, it will just mean that good examples of our cars will become increasingly valuable after they hit their peak "cheap price" years.

me32

1000 Post Club
You're exactly right. That is more to my point of saying that I'm kinda glad they aren't going to bring the new model ST over here. In time, it will just mean that good examples of our cars will become increasingly valuable after they hit their peak "cheap price" years.

Thats true and there will be less around because people will wreck them and fall apart.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thats true and there will be less around because people will wreck them and fall apart.
I suspect most will be modded to the bejesus belt and beat to hell 10 years from now. A clean one that hasn't been trashed should hold its value pretty well.

I'm doing a few things to mine, but nothing that can't easily be returned to stock. Mine's just a DD. I don't plan to race it or give it 300 hp.

I don't mean to put down people who do. It's your car. Enjoy it any way you want to. You can still drive it to work. It's still practical.

I always liked small, zippy cars. This one is the zippiest, and I plan to keep it!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Not to discourage anyone from being a guinea pig, but regardless of the manufacturer and how much I trust them, generally, I'd wait until the engines have been on the market for a few years before pulling the trigger.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I suspect most will be modded to the bejesus belt and beat to hell 10 years from now. A clean one that hasn't been trashed should hold its value pretty well.

I'm doing a few things to mine, but nothing that can't easily be returned to stock. Mine's just a DD. I don't plan to race it or give it 300 hp.

I don't mean to put down people who do. It's your car. Enjoy it any way you want to. You can still drive it to work. It's still practical.

I always liked small, zippy cars. This one is the zippiest, and I plan to keep it!
This actually will ring true more than you can believe. Reason being the ST was marketed as a Perofrmance version right out of box. It will mean most will be modded.

In the 240sx world, even though they were sentry level sports car Nissan NA third to market them more to scretaries and whatnot.

Even the the fastbacks sister in Japan the 180sx was one of the most popular sports cars ever sold there.

The result was for a long time after production stopped in 93 on S13's there was still a ton of them stock to be had. Now trying to find one stock is next to impossible and because of the Fast and Furiious and the drift tax all you see is modded shit piles with a a few uber expensive clean modded ones. Maybe one stop clean stocks every 6 months to a year. Lol

I watched the same thing happen with Datsun 510's . As well as 240z's. Oh and all of these cars sold more than the FiST has ever sold numbers wise.

me32

1000 Post Club

For me its just a fun DD. I wont own it long enough to add any value. I already have 84k on it and plan on hopefully getting a new 1 in a year or 2 to replace it with. Like you said we all enjoy the car in different ways. I just wanted a fun DD that gets good mpg.