Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Melted Bumper

Hey guys, not sure if this has come up before but has anyone else had their exhaust melt their bumper valance? I was driving spiritedly and I assume the exhaust got stuck to the right side and melted the bumper valance. I have the Cobb exhaust with Cobb hangers.

OP
Doom Ripper
Thread Starter #4
Would anyone know the part number for bottom piece of the bumper? I was looking on the Tasca sight and found this https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-stone-deflector-d2bz17808ba

Only problem is that the diagram shows the ST bumper but says it does not fit the ST version. Not sure if the website is just wrong or what. If anyone has has expirienced this issue and had to replace the bumper valance please let me know where you got the part. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

koozy

3000 Post Club
that's it. if you get it from Tasca include your VIN # when you checkout. They'll make sure it fits before shipping, if it's not for your car they'll take it back on their dime. I've gotten things from them numerous times and that's what I do and know that their website details isn't always up to date. Their customer service has been good though.

OP
Doom Ripper
Thread Starter #6
koozy you're awesome. Thanks for your help! I assume it comes unpainted. I'm gonna be going to home depot to get those bits you recommended. I probably only need the 2 like you did. Let's hope it doesn't happen again. For anyone reading this wondering how I got the melted plastic off the chrome.. I used a bit of lacquer thinner to soften the plastic then used steel wool to scrub the plastic off. Steel wool is harder than plastic but softer than chrome so it won't ruin the finish.

koozy

3000 Post Club
yep, stone guard comes unfinished. btw, my local home depot didn't have the size needed in stock, I had to order them. I just had them send them to the store for free pickup. I wasn't going to pay shipping fees for a couple set screws, lol.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
True value had like 7 sizes. I bought larger ones but ended up not needing them. I have always preferd small hardware stores. The ppl that work there usually really know the store.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
By any chance did you happen to look and see if all of the other hangers and rods are still present and intact? That just seems like a heck of a lot of movement considering you also have upgraded Cobb hangers. Youā€™re the 1st with a Cobb exhaust whose burnt a rear balance Iā€™ve seen. Iā€™ve read of hanger rods completely breaking off at the welds, so just wondering if you checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Doom Ripper
Thread Starter #13
Yeah for the amount of brine they spray around here I don't think the zinc would last long lol. I did check and all the hangers are in tact. The hanger rod located on the muffler was able to slide pretty easily left and right inside the urethane hanger. The only thing I can think of that caused this was a really hard left turn (felt like I was on 3 wheels) I took prior to noticing the damage.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
True value had like 7 sizes. I bought larger ones but ended up not needing them. I have always preferd small hardware stores. The ppl that work there usually really know the store.

The True Values near me have a MUCH better selection of the small hardware in a WHOLE AISLE of those drawers, than the big chain warehouses anyway! ;)
I was even able to find exact fit plastic plugs for my Pierce mid brace's vertical bolt tubes. [:)]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
There always a lil crowded with stuff because they are generally smaller stores. They are my go to for anything but large items. Quick in and out.

OP
Doom Ripper
Thread Starter #17
hey [MENTION=9243]Doom Ripper[/MENTION], you all squared? how did it work out?
Hey bro, I ordered the lower bumper piece from Tasca. Still waiting on it to be delivered because it was back-ordered. I'm going to have my painter friend paint the valance in Ingot Silver for a nice contrast. The collars have worked perfectly and the exhaust doesn't move laterally any more! I can't thank you enough!

~Cheers [thumb]

koozy

3000 Post Club
Hey bro, I ordered the lower bumper piece from Tasca. Still waiting on it to be delivered because it was back-ordered. I'm going to have my painter friend paint the valance in Ingot Silver for a nice contrast. The collars have worked perfectly and the exhaust doesn't move laterally any more! I can't thank you enough!

~Cheers [thumb]
Sweet, post a pic when it's all done.

Doom Ripper is not alone, I realized my Cobb catback did the same thing melting the rear bumper. Thanks for the tip on those locking sleeve things, I will be heading to Lowes in the morning.

168826641.D79i3bTI.jpg
168826642.lblJmwZ8.jpg

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
My FSWerks tip was off centered for about a week until I could adjust it and there was some minor scuffs on the paint tip opening. Nothing melted or damaged. It took a few attempts to get everything aligned properly. Amazed how the tips on the Cobb exhaust look centered, but the bumper is melted.