Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Euro LED Tail Lights installed....on the whoosh-mobile

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Posted this up in a few placed already

Had these on the site and on the shelf for a while.....got tired of looking at them and wanted to see how difficult the install really would be.
Took about an hour

Similar to the SPEC-D tails, there is a metal stud in the center of the tail lights that needs to be removed - easy
beyond that, you will need (or the way I did this) 4 OEM US tail light harnesses
I used the 2 from the OEM tail lights and purchased 2 from Ford

The harness you'll need to make is double male ended about 10-12" long since the Euro lights have a female connector on the light itself.
There is no re-pinning of any kind. Just solder the same color wires together from 2 harnesses then snap one end into the light and the other into the connector inside the car where you normally would. Easy Part2

Ron have you had the opportunity to compare directly with the SPEC-D lights, I like them both

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Ron have you had the opportunity to compare directly with the SPEC-D lights, I like them both
Yes
To be quite honest
I really like OEM quality I'm a UK parts junkie lol
But for the cost which is over double that of a set of SPEC-D.......I'd probably go with SPEC-D
These are NICE! I'll run them for a while but I may swap them out in the summer for a set of SPEC-D just to try something different.
I'm going to throw on a set of euro headlights today to compliment these ..... pics later

[cheerleader]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Got any night pics?

Those strips are not LED correct? They're just lite up by a regular bulb behind them?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Got any night pics?

Those strips are not LED correct? They're just lite up by a regular bulb behind them?
I'd have to take one back off to verify but I do believe you are correct in saying the strips are not led but I think the bulb behind it is led
the euro lights are advertised as led tails
I can tell you the turn signal and reverse light bulbs are standard bulbs
when I tested the first light while leaving the drivers side stock, it was noticeably brighter than the stock drivers side

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
here's a better pic of them illuminated
I'm still going to swap in a set of SPEC-D in the summer but these are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than stock