Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

It's 2018, here's a Tune+ review, long-term

Trader history for jeff (2)

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

The new year has me thinking of 2 years owning my car and I wanted to say thank you again to, and highly recommend, Tune+ aka Adam B. as your tuner for your Fiesta ST.

This is a biased review and obviously my own opinion.

Turbos have come and gone. Tuners have come and gone. Many folks went big/hybrid turbo, then either sold the car or blew it up, and don't post much anymore. Sure the Vargas option didn't work out, and with the ST discontinuing in the USA our options may already all be on the table. But constant through it all has been Tune+.

My car has morphed from stock to OTS tunes to custom stock tune to hybrid turbo setup on pump gas then to Race Gas, throwing in customized traction control in each of these tunes. Adam has been quick and produced fantastic balanced tunes every time, customized them as needed, fulfilled every request. I even felt guilty after so many tune revisions (there were dozens...scores...) and offered to send the guy a gift card for a steak for his troubles, but he said don't worry about it. My car is running so so well - gets great mpg still, makes crazy power, and most importantly is tuned safely and conservatively. If on occasion I have questions related to my car, he is always willing to help.

Beyond all of that, the Tune+ website has a great selection of accessories and hardware you'll need to mod your car, and they are priced competitively so you know it's not a money maker but more an all-in-one shop, which is great. Going with a turbo upgrade? Tune+ has your plugs, diverter valve, and whatever else you need.

Anyhow a big thanks to Adam. Anyone looking for a tuner for this car should consider Tune+. The lifetime tune option is the best money I've spent on this car.

[thumb]

Now, go shopping...

https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/pages/ford-fiesta-st

Jeff how was your custom tune on the stock turbo compared the ots available ? I’m currently running a randy tune and it feels pretty dam good but I’m thinking off driving to Adams place for a pro tune because it’s not that far and a good excuse for a road trip. Thanks Tony

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Jeff how was your custom tune on the stock turbo compared the ots available ? I’m currently running a randy tune and it feels pretty dam good but I’m thinking off driving to Adams place for a pro tune because it’s not that far and a good excuse for a road trip. Thanks Tony
What's up Tony.

People knock the Cobb OTS tunes but I felt they were quite good. I did some V-dyno comparisons of the Cobb OTS vs. Adam's tune, and his was up about maybe 5hp and about 20 torque. The torque is definitely where you feel it, it is a very noticeable difference in that realm from OTS. Not surehow it would compare to a Randy tune, never tried that. Aside from the added torque Adam's tune feels different from the Cobb or Stratified tunes (I tried both first). With the Cobb tunes power comes on very early and suddenly and feels great at first but then seems to die abruptly around 5k rpms. Stratified from my experience has more linear tunes that feel like a V6 with a flatter torque curve, though a bit boring, but that's just my preference, I do believe they make great stuff. Adam's tune is different than both, power comes on super smooth and then there is a big torque kick that feels more powerful and sustained and beastly. Honestly they are all good but Adam's feels the fastest and probably makes a few more HP if dyno tested though I can't confirm that.

The thing that sets Adam apart is that if you get the lifetime tune you get customer service and revisions. That's worth it to me. Plus I think he's tuned way more Fords than the other guys out there so there is the experience side of it.

If you're within driving distance to his shop I'd recommend a tune on his dyno, that's always going to be superior to an e-mail tune like I have.

Good luck!

What's up Tony.

People knock the Cobb OTS tunes but I felt they were quite good. I did some V-dyno comparisons of the Cobb OTS vs. Adam's tune, and his was up about maybe 5hp and about 20 torque. The torque is definitely where you feel it, it is a very noticeable difference in that realm from OTS. Not surehow it would compare to a Randy tune, never tried that. Aside from the added torque Adam's tune feels different from the Cobb or Stratified tunes (I tried both first). With the Cobb tunes power comes on very early and suddenly and feels great at first but then seems to die abruptly around 5k rpms. Stratified from my experience has more linear tunes that feel like a V6 with a flatter torque curve, though a bit boring, but that's just my preference, I do believe they make great stuff. Adam's tune is different than both, power comes on super smooth and then there is a big torque kick that feels more powerful and sustained and beastly. Honestly they are all good but Adam's feels the fastest and probably makes a few more HP if dyno tested though I can't confirm that.

The thing that sets Adam apart is that if you get the lifetime tune you get customer service and revisions. That's worth it to me. Plus I think he's tuned way more Fords than the other guys out there so there is the experience side of it.

If you're within driving distance to his shop I'd recommend a tune on his dyno, that's always going to be superior to an e-mail tune like I have.

Good luck!
Awesome thanks I think you’ve got me convinced. I’ve been thinking about it for a while although my randy tune feels strong I want to get the most without going big turbo. My daily driving doesn’t justify it and I’m not planning on tracking the car any time soon.

What is the peak boost you see on your tune, even if it just momentary?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
What is the peak boost you see on your tune, even if it just momentary?
On 93 tune it hits in the 26s but levels at 25.4 from around 3,000-6,200rpms.

I just ordered the Tune+ Modified Wastegate to go along with my x37 turbo. Can't wait until I get the tune for this setup...

V_2

I have also been running a [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION] tune on my car(s) for almost 2 years daily driving with my DHM kit and I am still very happy with his work. Adam is very responsive, easy to get along with, all around a breeze to work with. I'll be hitting him up again once I make the move to meth/aux fuel.