Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A solution for those who want a 2-door Fiesta in the US.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
[lovest] 4 door.

Curious about how much of a factor the *larger* front door is, for those who prefer dual door vs quad?
Harder to get in and out because of the larger radius. The doors are noticeable heavier than a 4 door.

Since buying my Fiesta I have been very strict on keeping it a four-door. Good news - it was just reported that it remains a four-door and there was zero cutting of metal reported in 2017, 2016 and 2015. Best and safest years on record!

Spaceman_Spiff

Ok, I'll admit I don't know much about the construction of these cars. I do know that older cars have a frame and a body, so you could remove the body from one car and attach it to the frame of another - if that was the case with these cars, I could see it being a possibility to switch the 2-door body to the 4-door frame and transfer the interior from the 4 door. But what do I know.

zanethan

Ok, I'll admit I don't know much about the construction of these cars. I do know that older cars have a frame and a body, so you could remove the body from one car and attach it to the frame of another - if that was the case with these cars, I could see it being a possibility to switch the 2-door body to the 4-door frame and transfer the interior from the 4 door. But what do I know.
Our cars have what's known as a unibody which means the frame and body are one unit. You cannot separate them out as the body contains structural components.

The last body on frame car sold in the US was the Crown Victoria (at least to my knowledge).

About the only vehicles that are frame on body at this point are full size trucks and the occasional SUV.

Spaceman_Spiff

Our cars have what's known as a unibody which means the frame and body are one unit. You cannot separate them out as the body contains structural components.

The last body on frame car sold in the US was the Crown Victoria (at least to my knowledge).

About the only vehicles that are frame on body at this point are full size trucks and the occasional SUV.
Heh. I have 2 crown vics, and my other cars were trucks. That helps to explain my lack of knowledge on the subject :D