Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carfax report?

My car was hit 2 times in one week rigiht after buying the car. Wanted to see if the accidents were reported or not. Can anyone run a Carfax for me on this vin: 3FADP4GX8GM204694

Thanks!

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
If it was repaired at a shop and with insurance $$ it was reported.
My Z06 was repaired through insurance and a shop and didn't get reported because there was nobpolice report. The Fiesta had a police repprt because the 1st guy had no insurance and the 2nd was a hit and run that I was able to chase down.

Carfax is a joke. I have ran reports using CarFax that showed nothing ever happened to a vehicle and then ran the same VIN on AutoCheck to find out it was in fact in an accident. From what I have gathered dealerships can pay extra to have things removed from CarFax reports. Just a FYI.

You can’t pay to have a CarFax altered at all. If there’s a mileage discrepancy because Freddie Fat Fingers messes up the mileage on your car, THAT can be corrected but Freddie’s shop has to be willing to jump through a lot of hoops and be willing to help.

I had a fairly lengthy discussion with a third party leasing agency and they used AutoCheck because they said some dealers have been known to "Alter" info on a CarFax report. So, whether a report uses shady tactics or different means of gathering info, regardless, I am not here to argue a point or get off track of the OP request. Just trying to give the OP, as well as others, a heads up not to just take ONE companies report as gold.

I sent the OP a carfax and an autocheck 20 min after he made this thread.

But no, you can’t alter a carfax through carfax. What you do when you print one out.. well I guess you can photoshop anything.

Carfax and autocheck use the same sources but autocheck uses info gathered from auctions as well.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
While I do not know of dealers altering Carfax reports or not (although it wouldn't surprise me), I have chosen AutoCheck in the past because their reports are more detailed in general. I like having the extra info...started using AutoCheck many years ago and never looked back.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Things will show up on Carfax and not Autocheck too though so it’s better to use both. I appraised a BMW last week, Carfax listed an accident with damage to roof, front, and rear, but autocheck shows clean