Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member, Potential Owner

Hey everyone, I'm not quite a fiesta ST owner yet, but I'm very close to trading-in my GTI for one. I just have one question for the community before I make my final decision. I'm wondering if there's any software out there that allows you to reduce the amount of electric assist in the steering? In my GTI there are a couple different OBD2 programs that we can do this from, so I'm hoping the same is true for the Fiesta as I really prefer a heavier steering feel. If not, I guess I'll just have to get used to it, everything else about the car has me pretty excited.

Hopefully sometime this month I'll be able to update with pics of my new car. Thanks.

None yet that I’ve found. I would like to make the effort a bit heavier too.

It may be possible to modify this with FORSCAN but I don’t know what values in which module to change.

Stock steering is well weighted compared to a lot of other cars that I have driven. It's better than my track car. Lol

Hey everyone, I'm not quite a fiesta ST owner yet, but I'm very close to trading-in my GTI for one. I just have one question for the community before I make my final decision. I'm wondering if there's any software out there that allows you to reduce the amount of electric assist in the steering? In my GTI there are a couple different OBD2 programs that we can do this from, so I'm hoping the same is true for the Fiesta as I really prefer a heavier steering feel. If not, I guess I'll just have to get used to it, everything else about the car has me pretty excited.

Hopefully sometime this month I'll be able to update with pics of my new car. Thanks.
Maybe some wider wheels and tires will help a little. I'm also a future owner on here and had an MK6 GTI next to my NC Miata for quite some time. Good Luck!

OP
J
Thread Starter #9
It took a few months, but I finally pulled the trigger! I brought home a shadow black 2016 Fiesta ST last night. I don't have any good pics yet, but will take a few today.

The car is amazing, I already like it better than my GTI. Steering feel is perfect for an electric rack, the entire car feels a lot more organic and sportier than the GTI which is exactly what I was going for.

I'm a little torn on whether or not I got a good deal though. On one hand, I feel they were selling the car at an amazing price, but then on the other I feel like I was hosed out of 1 - 1.5k on my trade. So I guess it was a wash.

It's a 2016 Fiesta ST with the heated Recaro seats and moonroof, with 32,500 miles. CPO. Bought it for $14,700. The car is in great shape, aside from the cloth inserts on the seats that could use a good cleaning. Do you guys think I made out ok?

You did good! Jealous as I am stilll waiting to take delivery of my ‘17 White Platinum, hopefully this weekend!