Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

300 WHP on pump gas.. What do I need?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Catless downpipe on the other end stinks and is considered tax fraud in switzerland.. car stinks / test says too loud, you drive behind the police to the next garage, up on the lift, catless downpipe found, huge turbo found, car gets impounded, you‘ll be registered as a bad boy and fined about 5000 francs.. i‘d rather not risk the police finding everything illegal on my car because of a downpipe
OK, understood. [wink]

I did not even consider the hydrocarbon, NOx, etc. stench result of a catcon-less downpipe as the reason for suspicion in the first place.

jeff

2000 Post Club
A different car. Lol
Here's the truth, if you want to do it safely, that is.

Thought that when I read this thread in the beginning.

A bigger turbo allows higher HP by being able to move a lot of air at a high RPM - The whole system moves more fuel and air at that level and thus gets a benefit from a aux fuel setup.

A hybrid turbo, when it is running at max, produces less air at high RPM (versus a big turbo) and the stock fuel system can keep up. The main way to increase HP at that point is by increasing timing which a higher octane facilitates. Running higher than E50 with a hybrid can actually hit the limits of the stock fuel system.

Also, hopefully someone else can chime in on the HP numbers with a hybrid, 100 octane and e30. For some reason I am thinking about 270 whp with 100 octane(RON) and about 300 whp with the e30 tuned. It would not hurt to look into the x47 turbo thread for details. (I am also working with little sleep and no caffeine)
99 octane X47 no ethanol I hit 298/322 on a Dynojet a few months ago.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
99 octane X47 no ethanol I hit 298/322 on a Dynojet a few months ago.
Jeff, you did this with 99 [(R+M)/2] octane right? (race gas or gas concentrate?) I mention this only in that the original poster is in Switzerland and their octane ratings are a different scale. My guess is that your 99 octane is about 105 RON octane

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
RON vs MON vs AKI Explained....

[video=youtube;zf-OYXlhJis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf-OYXlhJis[/video]

MON vers RON.png

jeff

2000 Post Club
Jeff, you did this with 99 [(R+M)/2] octane right? (race gas or gas concentrate?) I mention this only in that the original poster is in Switzerland and their octane ratings are a different scale. My guess is that your 99 octane is about 105 RON octane
Yes 93 octane plus race gas concentrate mixed to equivalent 99.

OP
Y
Thread Starter #26
RON vs MON vs AKI Explained....

[video=youtube;zf-OYXlhJis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf-OYXlhJis[/video]

View attachment 16679
Thanks for posting this link but i‘m slightly confused.. his chart says 95 ron + 87 mon / 2 so aki is 91... is aki now the octane number you use in the US ultimately displayed at the gas Station or mon?? That would have to mean your 93 is 98 and our 100 is like what, 94/95 for you?

Every german link i‘ve found on the internet says:

EU to USA

91 - 87
95 - 91
98 - 93
100 - 95

So our 100ron would have to be a little bit higher? On a german forum a guy says he talked to a US tuner and he replied that european 100 ron is american 95 octane

Wouldn‘t that mean I could safely run around 285-290 whp?

edit: We also have 102 octane in Germany, which would have to be equivalent to US 97/98 octane... Germany is less than an hour away where I live so if I get a map for 102 octane I could occasionally go on the Autobahn and get Close to 300 whp? or would that still be pushing it..

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
EU to USA

91 - 87
95 - 91
98 - 93
100 - 95

...On a german forum a guy says he talked to a US tuner and he replied that european 100 ron is american 95 octane...
This is correct....

OP
Y
Thread Starter #28
This is correct....
Perfect, thank you very much.

I've contacted Peron and AET Motorsports (they sell a modified peron hybrid Turbo called vt330r) and asked if they could set me up with a Turbo kit and several maps.. let's see. Might take a shot at pumaspeed again but i'll first wait what AET says, that Turbo seems very unknown and interesting.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Perfect, thank you very much.

I've contacted Peron and AET Motorsports (they sell a modified peron hybrid Turbo called vt330r) and asked if they could set me up with a Turbo kit and several maps.. let's see. Might take a shot at pumaspeed again but i'll first wait what AET says, that Turbo seems very unknown and interesting.
Great! keep us updated.

OP
Y
Thread Starter #30
Hey guys

I‘m in the process of ordering a GTX big turbo kit from Peron :))

Will keep you updated!

Br

OP
Y
Thread Starter #32
Hello guys

The parts are currently being packaged up for shipping!! I'm so excited for 300 whp on pump gas!

I'll open up a new Topic when it's installed for first impressions etc..

I have a new Problem:

I've bought some data logging Tools which won't work no matter what.. Software loads, tries to check through Parameters and then error.. Always Shows battery voltage 4.9V (but my battery is fairly new and has been tested already). Now the guy from the Company said I should test PINS 4, 5 and 16 (battery voltage) to see if I receive full voltage through the OBD socket.. Okay all good but how do you do that? What do you touch the Pins with? is there a Special tool or something?

Edit: The Tools don't work apparently as I tried my bluefin handheld device and it immediatly powered up. Went to the local Ford Garage and their diagnostic tool immediatly powered up too.

So anyone reading this can disregard it.

Last edited:
So did we ever get that first impression topic? I just read every single message in this thread because I'm looking at the same endgame now (300whp). Would love to catch up on the back end and see how it all turned out.

wetwea33

Peron is offering the turbo technics s280 as a package installed and tuned in europe called the person s284. If you dont have access to that kit just get a regular turbo technics s280 kit and with 100 ron you should be able to easily hit the 300whp mark. 100 ron is equivalent to roughly 96 octane but in most cases is even higher. European fuel is much better quality then us spec. Now if you have access to e85 you also have a ton of flexibility to make up to ~360whp with that turbo with the right fueling (full di setup or aux fuel.