Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking to borrow an intake - Need help from the Fiesta community

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

Hey guys!

I’m looking into doing some dyno testing with different intakes, in the coming weeks. I know everyone says that “intakes don’t do anything for this platform”, but I like to see solid data! So I’m willing to offer a FREE Fiesta Flash Tune (pump gas or E30) in exchange for your intake! I will need it for a few weeks, so I can make the proper arrangements.

My current setup is a Cobb drop in filter with Mishimoto induction hose. Ron@whoosh has agreed to send me a RAMAIR crossover pipe for testing, and would like to take it one step further. So here’s what I plan to test:

Get baseline settings again on my Stage 2 Flash Tune with current mods (prev. put down 257tq/208hp)
Install RAMAIR crossover pipe only, and test for gains
Remove complete intake system, and install another system (like Cobb or Injen), and test for gains

These runs will all be on the same Stage 2 Flash Tune as previously tested. This is where I need your help. I currently do not have an intake to test, and would rather not purchase one, if it’s most likely going to be removed again anyway. I would prefer a full intake system that goes all the way to the turbo, like Cobb or Injen, but I’m open to all options/opportunities!

Please send me an email at Jason@dizzytuning.com if you would like to help!

felopr

Bumping this because i am curious of the results

felopr

It would be seriously awesome if somebody could get you an ST200 airbox to test as well.
yeah, i would lend him my cobb cai but i am from out of state, so shipping costs a little more

Right now I’m going to test for him the ITG, Graham Goode, after and Mountune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felopr

Bummer. Would rather not do that.
i dont think you can replicate what the 2jr intake does on a dyno, since, where the 2jr intake is located on a low pressure zone while the car is moving, and since the car is not moving while on a dyno , you cant see real world results
IMO

OP
J
Thread Starter #12
i dont think you can replicate what the 2jr intake does on a dyno, since, where the 2jr intake is located on a low pressure zone while the car is moving, and since the car is not moving while on a dyno , you cant see real world results
IMO
That thought crossed my mind and I think you are absolutely correct.

OP
J
Thread Starter #15
did you get a chance to dyno the tube?
Not yet. I’m actually still waiting for the part to arrive from Ron at Whoosh. He said he can’t keep them on the shelf right now. Lol. I may just purchase it, so I can get it here sooner. I also have a Cobb intake in my possession that I will be testing too.

Not yet. I’m actually still waiting for the part to arrive from Ron at Whoosh. He said he can’t keep them on the shelf right now. Lol. I may just purchase it, so I can get it here sooner. I also have a Cobb intake in my possession that I will be testing too.
You able to test the Velossa Tech Big Mouth to see what gains it has on the stock turbo?

OP
J
Thread Starter #17
You able to test the Velossa Tech Big Mouth to see what gains it has on the stock turbo?
I did not do extensive dyno testing on this part, as I felt that running the car on a dyno would not let this part shine as well as it would on the street, pulling in nice fresh air.

OP
J
Thread Starter #19
Not yet. Sorry for the delay guys.
I’m planning to hit the dyno mid-February. I will have the following to test:

Stock intake
Cobb drop in filter
Mishimoto induction hose
Ramair crossover pipe
Cobb intake
Possibly 2jr and cpe intakes coming in

Still looking for an Injen to test!

OP
J
Thread Starter #20
I was able to get the Cobb intake installed yesterday. Huge shoutout to Matt Piscione for offering his for testing. It installed without much of a hitch, but holy smokes, you have to remove a lot to get to the intake!

I’ve already grabbed a bunch of baseline runs on my other intake setup (Mishimoto induction hose and Cobb panel filter), and I plan to grab new logs on the Cobb intake to compare against. Mostly for curiousity, as I do plan to hit the dyno by the end of the month to get definitive data.

This was really a trial run to see what was involved with removing it, so I can save as much time as possible when on the dyno. I also just received a 2JR cowl intake that will be tested as well!

Attachments