Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking to borrow an intake - Need help from the Fiesta community

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

felopr

Saw your post on the Facebook, looking forward to the test. Also, i have installed it without taking apart the cowl but is a pain

OP
J
Thread Starter #23
Preliminary Intake Testing: Part 1 (Cobb)

I had said that I was going to do some preliminary testing on intakes, before hitting the dyno later this month. The Cobb intake has been installed for about a week now, and I have to say that it does feel quicker on the butt dyno. Not much added sound though, which was quite a surprise to me. It sounds only mildly louder that the OEM intake system.

When I had my original setup installed (Mishimoto induction tube and Cobb filter), I took numerous back-to-back runs, all in the same location, heading in the same direction, and all in relatively close ambient temperatures. I then installed the Cobb intake, and did the same back-to-back tests/logs. I probably took about 7-10 logs on each map, and pulled them all up in Virtual Dyno. You will always get some oddities where power is higher or lower than the others, so I really was looking for consistency to compare against. I was able to weed out the oddities, and come up with (2) baseline runs and (2) Cobb runs, which are both very very consistent and accurate (in my opinion).

Baseline run data (4th gear log):

Peak boost: 25.17 psi
Charge temps: 45*, increasing to 60* by redline
Mass airflow at 4,500 RPM: 19.95 lb/min
Mass airflow at 6,000 RPM: 21.71 lb/min
Peak mass airflow: 22.07 lb/min

Cobb run data (4th gear log):

Peak boost: 24.89 psi
Charge temps: 44*, increasing to 57* by redline
Mass airflow at 4,500 RPM: 19.91 lb/min
Mass airflow at 6,000 RPM: 21.69 lb/min
Peak mass airflow: 21.96 lb/min

Attachments

Preliminary Intake Testing: Part 1 (Cobb)

I had said that I was going to do some preliminary testing on intakes, before hitting the dyno later this month. The Cobb intake has been installed for about a week now, and I have to say that it does feel quicker on the butt dyno. Not much added sound though, which was quite a surprise to me. It sounds only mildly louder that the OEM intake system.

When I had my original setup installed (Mishimoto induction tube and Cobb filter), I took numerous back-to-back runs, all in the same location, heading in the same direction, and all in relatively close ambient temperatures. I then installed the Cobb intake, and did the same back-to-back tests/logs. I probably took about 7-10 logs on each map, and pulled them all up in Virtual Dyno. You will always get some oddities where power is higher or lower than the others, so I really was looking for consistency to compare against. I was able to weed out the oddities, and come up with (2) baseline runs and (2) Cobb runs, which are both very very consistent and accurate (in my opinion).

Baseline run data (4th gear log):

Peak boost: 25.17 psi
Charge temps: 45*, increasing to 60* by redline
Mass airflow at 4,500 RPM: 19.95 lb/min
Mass airflow at 6,000 RPM: 21.71 lb/min
Peak mass airflow: 22.07 lb/min

Cobb run data (4th gear log):

Peak boost: 24.89 psi
Charge temps: 44*, increasing to 57* by redline
Mass airflow at 4,500 RPM: 19.91 lb/min
Mass airflow at 6,000 RPM: 21.69 lb/min
Peak mass airflow: 21.96 lb/min
What is the mod list for the car other than the intakes being switched?

I'm picking up an aem intake tmm. Let me know where you are in NY. You might be close!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

That is kind of odd that your charge temps rose that much I have the same intercooler with depo charge pipes and I'm currently running a k&n drop in with the stock intake system and I have a hole cut for fresh air (free intake mod) and with similar charge temps mine would only rise like 7 degrees total on an entire pull 1st through 4th redlining every gear and I did the same from 2500 to redline in 4th with about the same outcome. I'm getting ready to install the cpe intake that's in my sig and I've since installed a big mouth as well but the numbers I'm talking about are before this mod. I can't seem to get the car to rise 10+ over starting charge temp no matter how hard I thrash it. Thst might change on very hot days but as of now that's my results. I'm running a stratified e30 flash tune..don't have a revision yet but I'll be sending for one soon as I've already paid for it.

*edit* with that said I am seeing +2-+4 corrections across the board under WOT and my OAR stays at -1.0 my fuel seems to be good and there is surely room for improvement in my tune once I do the revision so maybe that is why I'm not rising as much because the tune isn't as aggressive as it could be? Just speculating. I'm a fan of your tuning from what I've read and I may try yours out in the future as well. My car seems to pull pretty hard for the mods. Hope there's room to improve as I'm happy with it as is any more would just be icing on the cake.

The genius behind the GGR intake is along with a velossa tech snorkel - the molded scoop helps feed fresh air directly to the filter. Intake air temperatures are constantly right at ambient at cruising speeds. I’ve tried almost all the aftermarket air Intakes. GGR’s is the only one to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk