Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recommendation for nano sealant for new wheels?

I am installing a new set of Kosei wheels and want to apply a sealant for ease of washing? Ease of application is a plus. This is a daily driver and just want to make life easier keeping my wheels clean.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I use Carbon Collective Platinum sealant on my wheels and I love it! I have white wheels and I can hit them with a hose and dry them off to remove most of the brake dust. The sealant lasts about 3 years and is easy to apply. I have done a few different wheels with the sealant and all have had great results.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've used the Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant on my Pro Race 1.2s since new, and it seems to be impenetrable, but I want to try the above recommended by BRGT350 product next year. ;)

Poor Boys also makes a few different wheel sealants as well.

Following this thread, I always say I'm going to do this beforehand and never do, but will for sure this time!

I ordered the Carbon Collective after reading the post here by BRGT350. He mentioned the stuff in a YouTube video a while back too so I decided to try it. It arrived yesterday. I'm surprised it did not get delivered in an armored car--with shipping it gets expensive for a very small bottle. Hopefully a little goes a long way. My wheels are off for winter so I will take them inside, wipe them down with alcohol to strip off any wax, then seal them. I won't know how well the stuff works until spring.

I applied the Carbon Collective Platinum wheel sealant yesterday, though as I observed in my post above I won't know how it works until winter in Ohio is over and the OEM wheels go back on. It is easy to apply and a little goes a long way, so even though it is $37 with shipping for a bottle about the size of a shot glass, it does not take much to do all 4 wheels. The interesting thing is that when you read the instructions, CC says it can serve as a base coat for their Oracle coating, which is $79 plus shipping for a small bottle. At this point I think I'm done, although I'm a bit disappointed to learn that even in the opinion of Carbon Collective, I still don't have the best protection they sell for my wheels after spending a bunch of money on their Platinum wheel sealant. Maybe they should rename the product to Bronze wheel sealant?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^After hearing the above, and learning that theirs is actually a $120.00+ two step process as ideal, I will just stick to the Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant, which is co$tly enough as it is (for me) @ 39.00/pint, before any discounts and shipping.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
After installing the Hawk 5.0 pads my wheels barely get dirty. I used the armor all sealant before , it helped some.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
yeah, the Carbon Collective stuff isn't cheap. I added 4 coats to each wheel and had enough to do the brake calipers, and FSWerks exhaust. The amount of spokes makes a difference as I had plenty left over with 5 spokes, but far less when I did my dad's OZ SuperTurismo wheels. The good thing is that the stuff lasts a few years. I might add a new layer this year after giving the wheels a polish this spring. I noticed I either missed some spots or something removed some sections of sealant on the inner rim. With white wheels, I have darker stains that will need some attention. The spokes and outer wheel look perfect, so the stuff does work as long as you got all the areas covered. Typically each year my white wheels are stained and require a lot of work to make them white again. I haven't polished the wheels since adding the sealant. That saves me hours and hours of work every spring, so it is worth it! Plus, I can rinse off the wheels and remove most of the brake dust easily. Another time saving bonus. I still wash them weekly, but if I want to touch them up mid-week, a little water is all that is needed.