Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for- exhuast fiesta st

Here is my experiment.

View attachment 16700

Personally, I can't bring myself to spend $500 + for pipes that mainly add sound with little or no performance gain. I agree that the stock is lacking. I have taken my time and researched as much as I can. I believe that this will add the deeper sound I am looking for without the downside of drone that comes with deletes, and in some cases, expensive replacements . I have an appointment to get it installed Tuesday.

Is this a new tip and resonator?

Is this a new tip and resonator?
A new tip yes, but no, it is a new muffler. It is a "old school" hand built, made it the USA steelpack. I originally bought a universal Borla single in dual out muffler and took it to get installed, but it was too wide. The space is tight around the spring perch and needed something with a body that is 16"18" long x 6"-7" wide. This is total 20" x 4" round.

I just installed the Maxamizer Exhaust from Ebay (full mirror pollished SS) 2.5" exhaust and I love it. I got mine for $345 shipped and it sounds amazing. Mild around town, great sound at WOT, and no drone. I'm very happy with it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. This is a Turbo-back exhaust. You must use the DP they provide. Just wanted to mention this.

Here is my experiment.

View attachment 16700

Personally, I can't bring myself to spend $500 + for pipes that mainly add sound with little or no performance gain. I agree that the stock is lacking. I have taken my time and researched as much as I can. I believe that this will add the deeper sound I am looking for without the downside of drone that comes with deletes, and in some cases, expensive replacements . I have an appointment to get it installed Tuesday.
I agree with you over the fact of not spending an absurd amount of money on something that will just add noise, I was simply expressing my opinion on what sounds good.

I agree with you over the fact of not spending an absurd amount of money on something that will just add noise, I was simply expressing my opinion on what sounds good.
My comment is just a generalized response and not directed to anyone in particular. I do not disagree that there are some that sound good. I can see upgrading the cat-back exhaust system if making absurd amounts of power, and to some it is worth the price to get a different sound and maybe 10whp. I just wonder at what point did the market change to only providing a complete system upgrade? Why no axle back option?

Like I have said, I have done as much research as I can and what I have found is:

1. smaller diameter pipe decreases the sound and drone and increasing the diameter of the pipe increases sound, but can also can increase the likeliness of drone.
2. The resonator, while it does eliminate certain frequencies, also acts as a chamber for gases and thereby reducing the backpressure. The way I see it is a 2.17" diameter exhaust with a resonator is the same as lets say a 2.5" (maybe 2.75") non resonated exhaust. I believe that the resonator on our cars, while it does eliminate some sound, is more for flowing purposes. Which is why nobody experiences drone and maybe a slight increase in sound when they delete the resonator. However, when doing the muffler delete you will start to hear stories of drone.

I am in no way knocking those who want to upgrade their exhaust. There are some nice ones out there. I am a big believer in "my car, my money and I will do what I want!" I know I can't be the only one, but doing searches on this board for "aftermarket mufflers" (and the like) usually come up with muffler/resonator deletes or complete system changes. I am sure there are a few that have changed out just the muffler, but they are few and far between and usually it is just a cherry bomb that they change to.
[MENTION=8817]CGLENN27[/MENTION]: I saw that maximizer exhaust on ebay and amazon a few months ago, right before the thread on this system was created. I applaud your effort on being the "guinea pig" for this system. It does look and sound surprisingly well and at half the cost of others. If my experiment does not achieve what I am looking for, it is most likely I will go with this system.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
My comment is just a generalized response and not directed to anyone in particular. I do not disagree that there are some that sound good. I can see upgrading the cat-back exhaust system if making absurd amounts of power, and to some it is worth the price to get a different sound and maybe 10whp. I just wonder at what point did the market change to only providing a complete system upgrade? Why no axle back option?

Like I have said, I have done as much research as I can and what I have found is:

1. smaller diameter pipe decreases the sound and drone and increasing the diameter of the pipe increases sound, but can also can increase the likeliness of drone.
2. The resonator, while it does eliminate certain frequencies, also acts as a chamber for gases and thereby reducing the backpressure. The way I see it is a 2.17" diameter exhaust with a resonator is the same as lets say a 2.5" (maybe 2.75") non resonated exhaust. I believe that the resonator on our cars, while it does eliminate some sound, is more for flowing purposes. Which is why nobody experiences drone and maybe a slight increase in sound when they delete the resonator. However, when doing the muffler delete you will start to hear stories of drone.

I am in no way knocking those who want to upgrade their exhaust. There are some nice ones out there. I am a big believer in "my car, my money and I will do what I want!" I know I can't be the only one, but doing searches on this board for "aftermarket mufflers" (and the like) usually come up with muffler/resonator deletes or complete system changes. I am sure there are a few that have changed out just the muffler, but they are few and far between and usually it is just a cherry bomb that they change to.
[MENTION=8817]CGLENN27[/MENTION]: I saw that maximizer exhaust on ebay and amazon a few months ago, right before the thread on this system was created. I applaud your effort on being the "guinea pig" for this system. It does look and sound surprisingly well and at half the cost of others. If my experiment does not achieve what I am looking for, it is most likely I will go with this system.
As for that ebay cat back. If you include the price of a downpipe its a killer deal. If you get a shop to weld up some stuff is it gling to be stainless? Probably not. Are the parts you bought stainless? If you flan on leaving the system on for a long time or live where there is salted roads, you want stainless. Atleast high temp paint the welds for protection.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

As for that ebay cat back. If you include the price of a downpipe its a killer deal. If you get a shop to weld up some stuff is it gling to be stainless? Probably not. Are the parts you bought stainless? If you flan on leaving the system on for a long time or live where there is salted roads, you want stainless. Atleast high temp paint the welds for protection.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
The tip is 304 stainless steel. The muffler is also 304 stainless 16 gauge ceramic painted steel. Both should last a while. North Dallas doesn't see much ice or snow, so long term exposure to salted roads is not an issue here.

KonaBlue

I had a Tsudo on for a little while. To me it was very loud, in the cabin and outside... cruising on the highway at 60-75 was nice/quiet, but anytime I was on the gas it was making noise. I liked the tone, but the volume was too much for me so I switched to a Mountune. Not gonna lie though, there are times when I kinda miss the Tsudo, but it's too much for me, every day... quality and fit was good though.

If possible could you post the specs of the porter muffler you used.
The muffler is their offset shorty. Inlet/outlet is 2.25" with an 11 degree offset. You can choose a polished 304ss or a ceramic coated. It really is a deep mellow tone that the audio doesn't quite capture.