Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STay Tuned: Ford to Introduce New ST

Guess the ST!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I wouldn’t be surprised to see an EcoSport ST down the pipeline in a year or two.

brbauer2

They had the opportunity to corner the market with an EcoSport ST right off the bat
Exactly what I was thinking. Other manufacturers have their mini CUVs out (for several years), but nobody has a performance mini CUV.

The EcoSport has an option for a 2.0 GDI, so it can't be that hard to work the FoST motor in there.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Nice thread [MENTION=3443]Thirty-Two[/MENTION].

I’ll give Ford an E for effort, but I think this vehicle will attract a smaller audience than the FiST did. The FiST helped Ford sell the compact, Fiesta. Last I checked SUVs, and crossovers don’t need help selling. People that are buying big, boring vehicles will continue to do so, and real enthusiasts will continue buying real sports cars. Just my opinion.

EDIT: it would have been really neat if it was the new 3-cylinder FiST, or EcoSport. What a buzz kill; almost as bad as no FiRS.

It sucks. There's already an EcoSport ST line (like Audi's S line) available elsewhere in the world, but with puny engines. All they'd have to do, is bring it here and drop in a 1.5 or 1.6T(which are more than readily available)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #47
Well that's awkward, An Edge ST... edST...edgST...eST?? I didn't even have that as an option, lol.

I would not have bet money on the Edge, The Sport already went 0-60 in just under 6 seconds, so perhaps this will hit low 5 with the 8 speed auto, but at what starting pricepoint, 42,000 - 45,000? Why not just make this the new Sport? And not even an Manual option. I get that it should make money more money than a FiST considering CUVs are all the rage, but an ST badged Edge? Huh.

I wonder what will happen to the ST Octane Academy, will it be full of soccer moms and dads murdering cones?

Also note that in the video the engineer? first hints that Collins is not going to be driving on the track today. With the full video that now makes sense as Collins proceedes to drive the Edge around the parking garage with some "go-fast" camera angles and shots. Is this a slight jab at where this Edge will primarly be raced around, a mall parking lot on Black Friday attempting to get a parking spot!

I want to see this thing on the track if it was tuned by the ST team.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Well that's awkward, An Edge ST... edST...edgST...eST?? I didn't even have that as an option, lol.

I would not have bet money on the Edge, The Sport already went 0-60 in just under 6 seconds, so perhaps this will hit low 5 with the 8 speed auto, but at what starting pricepoint, 42,000 - 45,000? Why not just make this the new Sport? And not even an Manual option. I get that it should make money more money than a FiST considering CUVs are all the rage, but an ST badged Edge? Huh.

I wonder what will happen to the ST Octane Academy, will it be full of soccer moms and dads murdering cones?

Also note that in the video the engineer? first hints that Collins is not going to be driving on the track today. With the full video that now makes sense as Collins proceedes to drive the Edge around the parking garage with some "go-fast" camera angles and shots. Is this a slight jab at where this Edge will primarly be raced around, a mall parking lot on Black Friday attempting to get a parking spot!

I want to see this thing on the track if it was tuned by the ST team.
LMAO! [rofl]

Exactly what I was thinking. Other manufacturers have their mini CUVs out (for several years), but nobody has a performance mini CUV.

The EcoSport has an option for a 2.0 GDI, so it can't be that hard to work the FoST motor in there.
I'm pretty sure that if they put the 2.0GDI in there, the 2.0EB will fit.

But what I'm wondering more is this: what the fuck are they still doing with an antiquated engine like the 2.0GDI? They use the 1.0EB for the FWD, put in the 1.5EB instead of the 2.0GDI for fuck sake. They will have both the 1.5EB 3 cylinder and 1.5EB 4 cylinder, which will be in the new FiST (in Europe) and FoST respesctively.

I know, I'm not an engineer, but I think they should have went like that:
1.0EB 3cyl for FWD (like the Fiesta)
1.5EB 3cyl for AWD (like the Escape/Fusion, they could even lower the power output!)
1.5EB 4cyl for an AWD ST (like the new FoST)

Typing this out, I think this would kill the FoST though. Same power as the FoST, but in AWD. Yeah good luck selling the FoST afterwards.

So I think we'll never see an EcoSport ST...

Bluedrank

Ford is taking a page from the Dodge playbook. Dodge built a winner with the SRT-4, then used the legendary SRT badge to make a slightly upgraded version of every fat and heavy vehicle they make. They killed off the lightweight SRT model and now SRT is basically worthless. Ford knew the lightweight Fiesta ST, and to a lesser extent the Focus ST, had really established the brand name in America, so with the next generation of cars they don't need to continue making a lightweight model that loses money. They can just slap on that ST badge on every ugly vehicle they make until it cheapens the brand so much that nobody cares anymore.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I was really hoping that they'd unveil the ST version of the Transit Connect.

/Crippling Disappointment
Whattabout da C-Max ST ? First hybrid ST? Stock it's a "188* combined" horsepower. Electric motors are known for instant torque.

Ford's "Future Vehicles" part of the site, lists the return of the Ford Ranger and Bronco. (this is in addition to the Expedition & Flex) More bigger, more bigger, more bigger...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=1806]felopr[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2283]Plainrt[/MENTION]
Is the Raptor closer to an ST... or an RS ?
Without actually looking at any specs, I suspect the Raptor is more like an RS.

It's as if the new st steals the thunder, of todays fiesta st. We'll soon take auto as standard haha