Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STay Tuned: Ford to Introduce New ST

Guess the ST!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Just to note, a lot of people see the 198hp and think the Fiesta is watering down the ST brand. The changes they made to the original ST, float our boats. I suspect that the changes they made to the Edge, will float the boats of those who are interested in that type of vehicle.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just to note, a lot of people see the 198hp and think the Fiesta is watering down the ST brand. The changes they made to the original ST, float our boats. I suspect that the changes they made to the Edge, will float the boats of those who are interested in that type of vehicle.
They're appealing to average Americans. 2/3 of us are overweight/obese.

Dad remembers that ST stood for a quicker, sportier version. The Fiesta honored that spirit perfectly, and remains an amazing car, bone stock.

So will the new ST. It will satisfy someone's need for a little more speed.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Man I just saw that for is bring back the Mach 1 also........... oh yeah it's gonna be an electric SUV. Way to go ford.[thumbdown]

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Ford has mentioned a few times that it's future business strategy will be primarily focused on SUVs, CUVs, and Trucks which are their largest sellers...So this direction they are taking with the ST does make sense to me....
Which is why Iā€™m not buying another Ford when it comes time to replace my FiSTs... The vehicle in your sig. is looking better every minute.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Which is why Iā€™m not buying another Ford when it comes time to replace my FiSTs... The vehicle in your sig. is looking better every minute.
I won't get my bike, behind or in that vehicle; needs more doors.

By then, the Sonic RS might be a little bit better than current. In terms of peak temporary output, GM doesn't offer a comparable vehicle.

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/cli...on=Mechanical&styleOne=393292&styleTwo=393298
In addition to loosing 61hp**, you also loose:
Heated driver and front passenger seats
Keyless Open
Keyless Start

...but at least it has a partial digital gauge, projector headlamps and daytime running lights.

Keyless is one of those things I didn't miss until I had it though. Wouldn't want to go backwards on that option. Absent of Ford and GM offering a reliable, stylish, "true" performance vehicle that ain't the size of a woolly mammoth on a diet, Mazda would be next area of focus though. (no pun intended)

**Keep in mind that Ford's high hp numbers are due to "overboost"

Just to note, a lot of people see the 198hp and think the Fiesta is watering down the ST brand. QUOTE]

Is there really people thinking that? It's like like the Fiesta ST is new as of this generation, it existed for two(?) other generations before that.

I think people are complaining about the Edge ST because it's big, while so far the STs were small and nimble. I would not be surprised if the Edge ST is slower or very close to the FoST and FiST in terms of lap time. Sure it beats them in a straight line, but that's fucking boring.

There is only one performance SUV I would ever consider and that's the AMG GLA45. For me, it looks fucking amazing. It's also much smaller than the Edge.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Is there really people thinking that? It's like like the Fiesta ST is new as of this generation, it existed for two(?) other generations before that.
The average people don't see "198hp" as significant, these days. So the answer is definitely a yes. Pointing out that it's a smaller vehicle without a slush box typically doesn't raise any brow either. (read: bigger is better)

My only point was, different strokes for different folks. I neither need or want to haul the Brady Bunch, massive trailers or anything else that won't fit in the back with the seats folded down. Like we don't require the hp numbers, most people don't actually require that capacity or ground clearance. (the overwhelming majority of vehicles on the road have but a single person in them most of the time - the idea behind incentives like carpool lanes) We buy what we buy as a matter of preference. But for those that require the capacity and don't want to maintain another butt hauler, having a higher performance truck/suv may fit the bill.

Last edited:
At least you have a new 8 speed to be happy about. A manual 6 speed is unprecedented, right?!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks to the poll in this thread, every time I see a Transit Connect on the road, I laugh when I think about an ST version of it.

It is the Edge ST. no question about it. they have already announced it. It's Just an Edge sport with Sport tuned suspension.

you mean the 8 speed trans and 93 octane tune hp rating? Fun to Drive
Edge ST ups the performance ante with features exclusive to this Edge model:

2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine with Ford Performance engine cover
AWD standard
Performance braking
Sport Mode selection on new rotary gear shift dial
Available ST Performance Brake Package (late availability)
Design
Edge ST has its own distinct look apart from the rest of the Edge lineup. Some differences are:

LED taillamp surround with amber turn signals
ST-exclusive design cues: specific grille, unique fascias and lighting make it instantly recognizable as a performance-focused SUV
ST-exclusive Ford Performance Blue exterior color choice
ST-specific instrument cluster
ST City Silver stitching on seats and steering wheel
Wheels
ST-specific 20" aluminum wheels
ST-specific optional 21" aluminum wheels
Technology
Standard features include:

Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection & forward collision warning with brake support
Post-Collision Braking
BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert
Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane-Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Assist and Driver Alert System)
FordPass Connect with Wi-Fi hotspot
Auto high beam
Hill Start Assist
Available features include:

Adaptive cruise control with:
Evasive Steering Assist
Lane Centering
Stop-and-Go function
Enhanced Active Park Assist System
SYNC 3
Wireless charging pad

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
YES! More HP, revised ESC, bigger brake options, revised suspension, bigger wheels and performance tires.....lots more than a "sport"!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
More fun than the standard one, for sure. But still, unexciting to me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
More fun than the standard one, for sure. But still, unexciting to me.
IF they would have done ALL of this same EXACT stuff (including the 2.7 EB!) to a lighter Escape, they would have had one wicked little CUV on their hands! [thumb]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
IF they would have done ALL of this same EXACT stuff (including the 2.7 EB!) to a lighter Escape, they would have had one wicked little CUV on their hands! [thumb]
Do you think the V6 would fit in the Escape? I suspect Mountune will jump on the Edge......335 stock up to about 365-370Hp. But still, I have no desire for an SUV! As to the ST moniker, it will carry on in the SUVs and maybe next year the Fusion Sport will get the ST treatment. Now that we would buy for my wife who also has no use for SUVs.