Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STay Tuned: Ford to Introduce New ST

Guess the ST!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VIDEO HERE: [video]https://www.facebook.com/FordPerformance/videos/10155846765478820/[/video]

Just dropped about 4 hours ago.

What are your thoughts?

An upgrade to the Fusion Sport with a slick 6-speed that no one will buy?

The updated Ford Focus ST for the New Year?

A Transit Connect ST, because why the hell not?

Perhaps Ford Performance held the accountants hostage in order to bring the Next-Gen Fiesta ST to NA?

Or introducing an EcoSport ST in order to increase the fanfare behind the new model before full rollout?

Credit to @FordPerformance and Westbrook @ Jalopnik.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Since Ford mentions it's the "newest addition" to their current performance lineup that rules out any existing ST's...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Ecosport would be my guess.

I am betting EcoSport or Escape. The EcoSport ST could be sort of a replacement for the FiST in the US market the way the EcoSport will ultimately replace the regular Fiesta. Or they could go with an Escape ST to kind of compete with the Cherokee SRT and offer a more affordable performance SUV. A Fusion ST would surprise me because they just cancelled the Fusion refresh and it's possible they may kill it entirely or replace it with something electric. Also, I don't think the Fusion Sport has done particularly well.

Ford wants to make money. Where is the money? Not in subcompacts or sedans. They killed off the Fiesta and have pretty much given up on the Fusion. It is all about CUVs/SUVs. I'm also going to throw my guess at an Escape or EcoSport ST. The Explorer and Edge already have fairly hot Sport version with the turbo V-6. Plus they are a bit large and heavy.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
"The newest addition to the Ford Performance lineup is sure to catch everyone's attention."

It's going to be a vehicle that is "not" currently a part of the Ford Performance lineup....

If that pic is a teaser pic then the trunk line does not match those of any CUV or SUV.

Bluedrank

Could be that mystery wagon they were testing. My vote was the piece of shit EcoSport that replaces our car in the US.

I am going to go with a new version of the Taurus. That is the closest I could match the trunk line to the above picture. While they do have the SHO, they will probably incorporate that someway into an ST package.

It actually looks like it might be an Edge ST. Judging from the picture the only vehicles that match that style tailgate are the new Fiesta, Edge and judging from spy shots the next Explorer and Focus. As much as I want it the Fiesta doesn't seem like that's happening. The Focus is supposedly due later on this year (And probably unveiled in Europe) so I'm not sure we'll see that. There is the Explorer which we should see soon but I think the performance variant will be continue to be named Sport because it has some popularity. The badge placement is much higher up on the current Explorer as well. Assuming it stays in the same spot it probably isn't it either. But a performance looking variant has already been seen so that isn't completely out of the question.

That leaves the Edge. It is due for a refresh and the badge placement is spot on. It's a rather odd choice but we'll see. Hoping for something that goes further than the Sport. The Escape/Ecosport makes more sense but their tailgate is completely off.

wishful thinking says transit connect, because you said it brotha - why the hell not! turn it into a mini camper and who says travel has to be mundane.

really wishful thinking says ecosport rs. Platform supports 4wd so why not just just juice up the drive train.

but ecosport st most likely option. Offer it fwd only and nestle it between the titanium and SES for mass appeal

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok after looking at the Trunks of current 2018 Ford Vehicles and based off the pic in the post . It looks to be a Fusion trunk so I am saying Fusion ST. The trunk lines on the Ecosport and CMax do not fit the lines in the ST ? Pic. Seeming as the already still sell the previous Fiesta ST and the new one in Europe it rules the Fiesta out. It also rules out a Focus for the same reason. They sell Ecoboost Fusions and hate the Fusion Sport why not take it one step further and make a full blown Fusion ST?

Can't forget that the ST designation (so far) is tied to fwd. maybe the answer lies in which new platform best manages torque steer...?

Ok after looking at the Trunks of current 2018 Ford Vehicles and based off the pic in the post . It looks to be a Fusion trunk so I am saying Fusion ST. The trunk lines on the Ecosport and CMax do not fit the lines in the ST ? Pic. Seeming as the already still sell the previous Fiesta ST and the new one in Europe it rules the Fiesta out. It also rules out a Focus for the same reason. They sell Ecoboost Fusions and hate the Fusion Sport why not take it one step further and make a full blown Fusion ST?
Ford just came out with the Sport only a year or so ago, it wouldn't make a ton of sense. If I remember correctly they thought about throwing the ST badge on it but ultimately decided Sport was the best way to go. That being said, the badge placement is wrong on the Fusion. The ST badge in the teaser is by the slant, the Fusion's badges are higher up.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thank god the lines don't match the ecosport or fusion........ crossing fingers for something cool

Maybe an update to the Focus ST with the RS awd system but without the big leaky engine.

p.s. I have a feeling the commerical is just an RS with an ST badge on the lower portion of the tailgate, just to get the footage. Since car nerds will be able to deduce what the car is pretty easily otherwise.