Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 Ford Edge ST is here

Have put some thought in to trading the lil ladies escape for an edge sport.

Just not sure her wallet would appreciate her heavy foot

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I have lots of friends who know about the FiST/FoST but wind up buying a Speed3 or Civic Sport instead (simply because of Fords relatively lower reputation with cars and/or looks). They heard about the transmission issues too and don't want to deal/risk it.

I don't think it's because of car sells dropping but because FORD's car sales are low and they want to put their resources where they would be more profitable for them. After all the big Japan 3 (Honda, Nissan, Toyota) are doing just fine selling cars...but I can't blame Ford for this as it makes perfect business sense. It's just a shame that they didn't put more into the quality control of these cars this last decade or maybe they might have made a comeback.

Then again it can be pretty difficult to raise a reputation and to be honest I've also been considering adding a small to midsize truck or crossover SUV (albeit used) to my stable...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Really disappointed with Ford over this. They're going to kill the ST name by following the same tactic that Chrysler did with SRT.
Soon we'll be reduced to a trim level [bigcry]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I have lots of friends who know about the FiST/FoST but wind up buying a Speed3 or Civic Sport instead (simply because of Fords relatively lower reputation with cars and/or looks). They heard about the transmission issues too and don't want to deal/risk it.

I don't think it's because of car sells dropping but because FORD's car sales are low and they want to put their resources where they would be more profitable for them. After all the big Japan 3 (Honda, Nissan, Toyota) are doing just fine selling cars...but I can't blame Ford for this as it makes perfect business sense. It's just a shame that they didn't put more into the quality control of these cars this last decade or maybe they might have made a comeback.

Then again it can be pretty difficult to raise a reputation and to be honest I've also been considering adding a small to midsize truck or crossover SUV (albeit used) to my stable...

I agree with this. Ford says the new version gets much improved interior etc.This car would have been great to market the changes and try to push it more with some advertising that ford never does on its cars.

Ugh, good that they are building it, buuuut... at the expense of the Fiesta, it’s a bummer. Lots of people are suggesting the Transit Connect would’ve made a better ST, it would’ve been unexpected. EcoST? I almost would be tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni
I would absolutely love a Transit Connect ST. I wish they would build one....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's just a Ford Edge sport rebadged...FTS! Thanks to the new leader of Ford...next up...more electric piles of flaming doodle!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's what people are buying. Ford's just going where the money is.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Actually truth be told and this is a fact small car and sedan sales in the U.S. Have tanked in the last couple of years. Fact is Toyota and Honda and Nissan can sell small cars and some sedans only because all of the sell a boatload of SUV's CUV's and Hybrids or Electrics . As well as trucks for Nissan and Toyota. They are willing to still sell some small FWD cars Sedans because of this. Believe me Toyota is not doing that great with the GT86( FRS/BRZ) nor is Suburu selling great numbers of that car. They just want to leave it out there for Heritage sake. Nissan could have killed it for a couple of years with the IDX but dropped the ball for e very reason Ford is. They were afraid to commit to segment they no longer saw as large or profitable.
Let's not forgot like Nissan, Ford has done almost Zero advertising for the Fiesta ever! You used to see Focus commercials constantly and because of that the Focus actually sells. Even though it's numbers are done as well.

Though lets get to the Elephant in the room here. What is causing the most disruption is current society's gulliableness for thinking Hybrids and Electrics are going to save the environment and are therefor the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Even though li ion batteries are non biodegradable non recyclable hazardous waste dump material. At the rate they are making them and pushing them we are going to have a problem in 15-20 years. Oh but at least are might be a tad cleaner.

I digress here though and this is a whole other subject.

No one will buy this IMO but I can see my dad now " Hey Bud, upgraded to an ST!... even in Kona blue! It's faster than yours!" Me just done with life.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It's just a Ford Edge sport rebadged...FTS! Thanks to the new leader of Ford...next up...more electric piles of flaming doodle!

Not true, new suspension, tires, brakes, wheels along with more aggressive tune and ESC. C&D just tested one. If I had to have and SUV this would be it. But would rather Fusion Sport.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Really disappointed with Ford over this. They're going to kill the ST name by following the same tactic that Chrysler did with SRT.
Soon we'll be reduced to a trim level [bigcry]
The ST as we know it is dead, there will be no more manual transmission ST's here. Ford is in business to make money, what sells is the F-150 and SUV's. That market has people that will pay for the handling and engine power of the ST Edge but would not touch a manual. I think we may see an ST Escape some day also. The Focus and Fiesta are gone from the US and word is the Fusion will follow soon. Ford is happy the f-150 is still the #1 truck, Mustang outsells the others, SUV's are selling and the Taurus will live on for taxis and cops.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The ST as we know it is dead, there will be no more manual transmission ST's here. Ford is in business to make money, what sells is the F-150 and SUV's. That market has people that will pay for the handling and engine power of the ST Edge but would not touch a manual. I think we may see an ST Escape some day also. The Focus and Fiesta are gone from the US and word is the Fusion will follow soon. Ford is happy the f-150 is still the #1 truck, Mustang outsells the others, SUV's are selling and the Taurus will live on for taxis and cops.
Makes me sad....but it's true.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Not true, new suspension, tires, brakes, wheels along with more aggressive tune and ESC. C&D just tested one. If I had to have and SUV this would be it. But would rather Fusion Sport.

Pretty sure they didn't test one yet. The article I saw said they need to get their hands on one to test.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Pretty sure they didn't test one yet. The article I saw said they need to get their hands on one to test.
You are correct, I just skimmed it because it is just not something that I would buy. My daughter loves my ST but needs an SUV. Her Honda Pilot is killing her in costs so this may be for her. Trying to get my wife to buy the Fusion Sport. I think I will just drive my FIST till either it or I gives out!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Actually truth be told and this is a fact small car and sedan sales in the U.S. Have tanked in the last couple of years. Fact is Toyota and Honda and Nissan can sell small cars and some sedans only because all of the sell a boatload of SUV's CUV's and Hybrids or Electrics . As well as trucks for Nissan and Toyota. They are willing to still sell some small FWD cars Sedans because of this. Believe me Toyota is not doing that great with the GT86( FRS/BRZ) nor is Suburu selling great numbers of that car. They just want to leave it out there for Heritage sake. Nissan could have killed it for a couple of years with the IDX but dropped the ball for e very reason Ford is. They were afraid to commit to segment they no longer saw as large or profitable.
Let's not forgot like Nissan, Ford has done almost Zero advertising for the Fiesta ever! You used to see Focus commercials constantly and because of that the Focus actually sells. Even though it's numbers are done as well.

Though lets get to the Elephant in the room here. What is causing the most disruption is current society's gulliableness for thinking Hybrids and Electrics are going to save the environment and are therefor the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Even though li ion batteries are non biodegradable non recyclable hazardous waste dump material. At the rate they are making them and pushing them we are going to have a problem in 15-20 years. Oh but at least are might be a tad cleaner.

I digress here though and this is a whole other subject.
It seems like maybe you are talking about sport cars, but I was talking about cars in general. Yes SUV sales have grown overall but the civic, corolla, and camry are still in the top ten (likely top 5). I wouldn't necessarily call that tanking.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It seems like maybe you are talking about sport cars, but I was talking about cars in general. Yes SUV sales have grown overall but the civic, corolla, and camry are still in the top ten (likely top 5). I wouldn't necessarily call that tanking.

Actually if you look at overall sales statics for the U.S. Sedans and small cars have tanked . Not talking about Sports cars and my post specifically mentions sedans and small cars. Civic sales and Corolla sales may be ok but respectively the market segment they in are has tanked overall in the U.S.

I won’t be surprised if they rename the Taurus SHO to an ST, I highly doubt it though since most of their sells go to the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk