Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spec-D Aftermarket Tail Lights?

Whoosh has these aftermarket taillights by Spec-D:

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/spec-d-tuning-ford-fiesta-led-tail-lights-smoked-color?variant=653133971470

These look pretty nice but I looked up Spec-D and it looks like there are a crap ton of angry reviews about poor quality and bad customer service when it comes to returns. Does anyone have experience with buying Spec-D or these taillights in particular?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do believe that some reviews about them not working are due to NOT re-pinning the connector. I have bought them in the past with no issues. The headlights have more issues from what I've seen. I'll do a review on install with video and I'll do another 6 months in to let anyone know the life of the LEDs.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
JFrye
Thread Starter #3
Rad.

Have you ever had moisture intrusion? I figured I'd do a once-over with some clear silicone in the cracks for good measure if I bought them.

That's funny, those are my pictures Ron used on his site that he took from this forum.

I've had these taillights for 20k miles now with no issues at all. Not a single LED has gone given out on me so far. I live in Florida where it rains a lot and they don't show any signs of water in them.

They are a bit dim in direct sunlight but when you break they are nice and bright! I've been very happy with my set.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Rad.

Have you ever had moisture intrusion? I figured I'd do a once-over with some clear silicone in the cracks for good measure if I bought them.
They aren't under nearly as much heat as the headlight assemblies. I think that contributes to a moisture problem due to poor sealent choice by Spec D.

OP
JFrye
Thread Starter #6
That's funny, those are my pictures Ron used on his site that he took from this forum.

I've had these taillights for 20k miles now with no issues at all. Not a single LED has gone given out on me so far. I live in Florida where it rains a lot and they don't show any signs of water in them.

They are a bit dim in direct sunlight but when you break they are nice and bright! I've been very happy with my set.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Your post was encouraging and your car, very eye-catching. I'd go with the regular red ones though.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Your post was encouraging and your car, very eye-catching. I'd go with the regular red ones though.
I went with El Red option...now just waiting for them to arrive.....🕺

Ordered these and received them about a week ago. Now to begin I wouldn't call myself mechanically inclined but I work with low voltage electric, fiber optic, and data lines for a living so I figured this should be an easy install. Well the connector you need to take out was extremely brittle and difficult to remove and it snapped in half as I was being as delicate as possible. Once that was off I used a set of picks first, then went to work to grab my fiber optic tools since they are smaller and more precise. Could not for the life of me remove any of the connecting pins from the harness without literally destroying them. Gave up after two of the crimped fittings came off and went to a shop that said they will install for me. This isn't to bash the lights or anyone who sells them but if you haven't done this type of work before or don't feel comfortable just take it to a shop first, it will save you time and a lot of swearing. All in all the lights looks like great quality so can't wait until they are installed correctly.

What I’d love to do is put lights on the reflectors in the bumper. Has anyone done this and is this feasible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brbauer2

What I’d love to do is put lights on the reflectors in the bumper. Has anyone done this and is this feasible?

The rear fog from the 3 door does not fit, but not sure if anyone has tried the light from a Euro LHD 5 door yet. It looks to match up to ours and I'd be willing, just need a part number to order one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

This thread has some info:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3053-Rear-Fog-Light

and I also was sent this link when asking the same question, I'm not sure if they'll fit but I might try later this summer.

https://www.sw-tuning.de/en/LED-rear-fog-light-Ford-Fiesta-Mk7-Type-JA8-08-16-black::33482.html

Sent from my Pixel XL
I just installed these on my ‘14 Fiesta ST but the lights don’t seem to be working properly. The turn signals, reverse lights don’t work, and I’m getting hyper flashing inside the car. Any tips? P.s. I’m also in Florida! Tampa 🤘🏼 Thanks!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just installed these on my ‘14 Fiesta ST but the lights don’t seem to be working properly. The turn signals, reverse lights don’t work, and I’m getting hyper flashing inside the car. Any tips? P.s. I’m also in Florida! Tampa [emoji1598] Thanks!
Did you re-pin the terminals?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I just installed these on my ‘14 Fiesta ST but the lights don’t seem to be working properly. The turn signals, reverse lights don’t work, and I’m getting hyper flashing inside the car. Any tips? P.s. I’m also in Florida! Tampa ???????????? Thanks!
the SPEC-D lights are NOT plug and play on the 2014-2018 Fiesta ST
You must re-pin the wires correctly on the new SPEC-D tail lights to the OEM wire harness

take a look at this: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16073-Spec-D-LED-Re-pin-how-it-really-goes-down

I am re-pinning right now but I can’t seem to get the right wires to match. Do you have a picture of the harness so I can compare colors, or maybe a schematic?

Did you re-pin the terminals?

I am in the middle of trying to repin but I’m not 100% sure which wires go where. I tried tracing them back to the light assembly and managed to get the turn signals to work, but still no reverse lights.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did a complete write up...spec-d re-pin! Check it out....