Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people warm up their Fiesta ST before driving?

How many people warm up their Fiesta ST before driving?

• I don't

Votes: 122 34.0%
  • I always do

Votes: 131 36.5%
  • I do but only on really cold days

Votes: 106 29.5%

• Total voters
Since im currently running the stock water oil. When i start my car i give it till the idle goes down under 1000.

ROCKYFiestta

in auto school they said dont warm up newer cars it causes to much differential in temperatures between the engine and transmission. but this was being to applied to a car with automatic transmission as it relies more heavily on the fluid pressure to work compared to our manual gearboxes.

How you guys know oil temp when I only have stock bars for temp. And I believe it's coolant temp at that.
2015 stock.

ROCKYFiestta

most of them have the cobb or something like it that thing tells you alot of stuff my buddy has one on his similar car the mazdaspeed 3 and it showed several readings like oil and temp boost afr etc

neeqness

1000 Post Club
This was funny. I laughed out loud when I read it.
I normally get in and floor it in neutral and bounce it off rev limiter to warm it up every morning.
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I normally get in and floor it in neutral and bounce it off rev limiter to warm it up every morning.
This is absolutely wrong. You will severely damage your engine this way. NEVER rev the engine in neutral when the car is first started - you must be driving at max revs in first gear for the first 2 miles of your journey to achieve proper warm up.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Ahh I was wondering why my neighbors don't wave back...
The internet said do this one simple trick to make your neighbors hate you.
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk