Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will this knob fit the FiST?

In the Features section in the product description it states “Fit most vehicles with manual shift knob; (except for the manual reverse gear needs to pull up and shift knob with the button.)”

Based on that I would guess no it doesn’t.
Besides that is a pretty cheap price.

There are other nobs that cost a bit more must will fit. I would check vendor sites and eBay for that type of knob.

BTW I got the carbon st OEM knob and love it.

With the right thread pitch, you can use any knob (that doesn’t have the reverse lockout feature designed into it) and retain reverse lockout via a shift knob adapter. The style of the one you posted may look funny because the adapter is wide while that knob looks narrow, though.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/shift-k...ocus-st-2013-2018-mustang-2015-2018/p/HW3291/

The problem with anything that is "universal fit" will be the reverse lockout. But - I totally get it. There are a ton of different knobs that are much, much cheaper than anything OEM or custom made with a collar for the lockout.

I actually bought this knob here. And yep, it fit and I could use the reverse lockout. But, it was ugly. You could see the spring that provides the resistance and pushes the lockout collar down.

I ended up buying an adapter - this one here. It was $20, but that still meant only $40 all in and now I could try different $20 knobs until I found the right weight and shape. The only downside to the adapter was I couldn't tighten it all the way down. I followed the directions for install, but if I tightened it, the collar wouldn't lift high enough to be able to shift into reverse. So I had to back it up until I could consistently shift into reverse. This meant I could spin it with my fingers. So not perfect.

Also note that with the adapter and universal fit knob, the knob was sitting higher. For some that may be great (not reaching down as low to grab the knob). But I switched back to stock (which was also a lighter) and I think I prefer it. The heavier knob really made it slide into gear smooth as butter, but I think I like the feeling of engaging the gears (or something...can't explain it [dunno] )

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^ I have the Ford ST carbon look knob on mine, which is NOT exactly a heavyweight shift knob, and with the Mountune short shift plate, and Boomba cable bracket bushings, it 'glides' into gear smoother than the proverbial 'butter', even with 75W-90 Gear 300 in the transaxle in 0*F temps. ;)