Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

205/45/17 - Stock Wheels - H&R Super Sport Springs

Has anyone run this combo or can anyone tell him if I will have issues with this set up? As you may guess, I want a slighly beefier tire, I want to lower the center of gravity of the car but I can't afford another set of wheels at the moment. Haha.

I just bought and installed Swift spec R springs and I'm impressed. There's an O shaped freeway on-ramp I'd take at 36 and now 52 is what I'm constantly running and the car feels planted af. I have 17" x 7 1/2 wheels w/205/40 bridgetones and no rubbing.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
It seems I'm the only guy on this forum who has these springs cause I'm the one answering in another thread

H&R SS springs on stock wheels and tires with alignment in spec rubs. Not a ton and it's defiantly driveable. But your question is does it rubs not.

Now on aftermarket wheels (17x8)with still stock threat rubs even more. The springs are too much of a drop honestly. If I ever get coils I will be raising the car a bit to fit a bigger tire

OP
HAHAFiST
Thread Starter #6
I just bought and installed Swift spec R springs and I'm impressed. There's an O shaped freeway on-ramp I'd take at 36 and now 52 is what I'm constantly running and the car feels planted af. I have 17" x 7 1/2 wheels w/205/40 bridgetones and no rubbing.
I’ve ordered swift spec r. Changed my mind. Still debating 205/45 but I may just play it safe. I don’t think there much sacrifice in steering response (going to 45 from 40) but with the inch drop and possibly getting a set of g-force comp-2s I may want to avoid the issue.

Forty five series tires WILL RUB, guaranteed. And if you’ve ever made this mistake your tires will wear out 35% sooner, and not just that but the smell of burnt rubber gets old as does the rubbing sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HAHAFiST
Thread Starter #8
Update. Bought Swift Spec-R from Whoosh and getting some Micheling Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 205/40/17 - Should be set. Better safe than sorry and I think I'm gonna like the improvements.

LILIKE16ST

Update. Bought Swift Spec-R from Whoosh and getting some Micheling Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 205/40/17 - Should be set. Better safe than sorry and I think I'm gonna like the improvements.
The swift springs are amazing I have them you will love them. As for those tires they're one of the better all season tires you will find and last a good while too. My 2016 came stock with the all season option with those very tires. My factory wheels have over 20k on them and they're probably just now at half tread or so give or take.

Rub city. I have the Super Sports on stock wheels and tires and there's no extra room. I love them though. Rather have the added drop since this is my daily (not my track toy).