Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Read it and weep, America

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Liked th Front sides and rear were meh, rear like others said in different words is pretty vanilla Hatch/CUV look. Why the hell did they do the damn we are going to glue a tablet to the dash routine. It looks like such an afterthought . I hate in Euro cars I hate in Mazda's.
The interior upgrade besides that is actually nice they just really had to go screw it up with that. Lol
The 3 cylinder is actually exciting from a tech standpoint. It will sound closer to a 6 than a 4 which could actually be cool. It's also amazing that are dropping down 100cc's and actually putting out more power.
In the end I was sad not to see it brought over here. It would have been a contrast to the current generation. At least they are selling out the current generation still this year. I would bet production numbers will not be though maybe 5k.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #22
To the earlier comment, shameless plug for the company I work for, Racepak. We make data logging systems for race cars. We just introduced a track day system that is app-based and uses your mobile phone as a dash display and logger, and overlays the track position and data live-time on a Google map overlay of the race track via the cloud. We’re trying to hit the European market with it as well as the US, so we brought it to Autosport. It won lots of awards at SEMA and everyone liked it at PRI.

To the comment about Americans not liking hatchbacks, yeah we’d rarher have trucks but it’s a shame. This is my first trip to the U.K. and I’m geeking out over all of the cars over here. I keep thinking “I’d buy that”. Why won’t we get the new ST? Well, why aren’t we getting the Golf Type R wagon either? Yeah I know, we don’t like wagons either...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
To the earlier comment, shameless plug for the company I work for, Racepak. We make data logging systems for race cars. We just introduced a track day system that is app-based and uses your mobile phone as a dash display and logger, and overlays the track position and data live-time on a Google map overlay of the race track via the cloud. We’re trying to hit the European market with it as well as the US, so we brought it to Autosport. It won lots of awards at SEMA and everyone liked it at PRI.

To the comment about Americans not liking hatchbacks, yeah we’d rarher have trucks but it’s a shame. This is my first trip to the U.K. and I’m geeking out over all of the cars over here. I keep thinking “I’d buy that”. Why won’t we get the new ST? Well, why aren’t we getting the Golf Type R wagon either? Yeah I know, we don’t like wagons either...
Do you have any of your employer's 'supplemental dashboards' in your FiST?
That is a really COOL company to work for, I AM jealous!! [cool] [thumb]

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #25
At the moment I don’t have any of our stuff in my car, but we’ll be track testing the new system next week, and I’ve offered up what’s left of my Bridgestones to the cause. Hopefully hitting Buttonwillow.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #26
With the bright lighting in the convention hall I couldn’t get a good photo of the ‘18’s interior through the closed window but it does look more upscale than the current car. More polished, with the requisite iPad looking center display.

Attachments

I know I'm i'm the minority here, but I think the new dash is hideous, taking the ugly Mazda display theme and amping it up. I'm a big fan of the looks of our 5 doors, so I've never wished for a Euro-spec 3 door, and the redesigned exterior doesn't do anything for me. Plus, as one poster mentioned, only time will tell what can be done to the new 3 cylinder motor to tune it. If you have an AP on your car, you might disappointed in the new platform for a long time until the tuning aftermarket, and the rest of the aftermarket, catch up. That is, IF Cobb can get into the new ECU at all, and IF they can deliver an AP for $500, which is less than other APs they sell.

DaveG99

Cobb wont even offer anything for a car that isnt available in the states. I'm not a huge fan of the new fiesta. I'm glad I have mine.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Cobb wont even offer anything for a car that isnt available in the states. I'm not a huge fan of the new fiesta. I'm glad I have mine.
I'm with you on that. The ST has a massive aftermarket. You can do almost anything with the Fiesta platform. I'm sure European companies like mountune will continue to make things for the 3 cylinder, but we won't see it here. Maybe they'll make a tune for the Ecosport...

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #31
Fwiw, the display across from mine is summit-racing.co.uk. They are showing lots of chassis stiffening parts for the Fiesta. They also have a sweet Focus RS in their display

joesiris

thanks for the interior photo there, kinda on the fence about the display, but the rest is fine, but I gotta tell ya I really want that steering wheel, I'm sure at some point they may become available to replace our current ones.

I'm with some of y'all. I'm okay with not getting it here. It looks more boring and it being slightly larger too (I think I heard) and the 3 cylinder motor with the toned down looks, not my thing. It's already difficult enough to get power out of these as is. I like mine just the way it is (barely, even). With that being said, I am sad it's not coming to the states.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
thanks for the interior photo there, kinda on the fence about the display, but the rest is fine, but I gotta tell ya I really want that steering wheel, I'm sure at some point they may become available to replace our current ones.
Yes, that wheel, covered in suede/alcantara, would be sweet enough to make me forget about putting an aftermarket Sparco 383 in mine. ;)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
enh, while that's awesome you get to be there to see that in person, lucky, I'm not super impressed with the new ST. I might get a lot of hate for saying that, but its kinda lost that aggressive look. while elements of the front end are great, and that panorama sunroof is fantastic the rest bothers me a bit. I really don't care for the wheels at all, but those are easy enough to swap out so that's ok, but the back end got tones way down I think. The rear spoiler too, that looks like its straight off a vanilla fiesta. If I remember correctly this model gets the flat bottom racing style steering wheel and the upgraded stereo system so that's cool. Just curious did they showcase the Edge ST there, saw a video of that and was just blown away
+1

Only difference is I kinda like the wheels but I'd swap them out too ultimately.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
What would make this car interesting to me would be if it had a little more power stock and was significantly lighter, at least 100 lb. The weight reduction seems unlikely as cars keep adding equipment, but that 3-cylinder engine is probably pretty light and compact.