Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Read it and weep, America

joesiris

enh, while that's awesome you get to be there to see that in person, lucky, I'm not super impressed with the new ST. I might get a lot of hate for saying that, but its kinda lost that aggressive look. while elements of the front end are great, and that panorama sunroof is fantastic the rest bothers me a bit. I really don't care for the wheels at all, but those are easy enough to swap out so that's ok, but the back end got tones way down I think. The rear spoiler too, that looks like its straight off a vanilla fiesta. If I remember correctly this model gets the flat bottom racing style steering wheel and the upgraded stereo system so that's cool. Just curious did they showcase the Edge ST there, saw a video of that and was just blown away

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #3
No, no Edge unfortunately. Tripping over Fiesta RS WRC cars which is nice. Funny thing, I kind of like the new wheels. Not sure about the 3 cylinder though. Just a shame we won’t even have the choice to buy it.

enh, while that's awesome you get to be there to see that in person, lucky, I'm not super impressed with the new ST. I might get a lot of hate for saying that, but its kinda lost that aggressive look. while elements of the front end are great, and that panorama sunroof is fantastic the rest bothers me a bit. I really don't care for the wheels at all, but those are easy enough to swap out so that's ok, but the back end got tones way down I think. The rear spoiler too, that looks like its straight off a vanilla fiesta. If I remember correctly this model gets the flat bottom racing style steering wheel and the upgraded stereo system so that's cool. Just curious did they showcase the Edge ST there, saw a video of that and was just blown away
I’m with you. At least in regards to the exterior I’m very underwhelmed. Hate the wheels, the headlights are boring, both the front and rear look less aggressive. I do like the rear valence and the sunroof, but I can’t see myself getting excited about buying this car.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #5
From the rear, it’s clear the taillights are following the newer Ford corporate look adopted on other models.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I really like the new version. Yes it's more rounded etc but it's still something I would have bought to replace my current one when it's aged:(

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I wish we were getting it. I'm not that thrilled with the looks, it's blander, but as it stands now we may get the current version for '18 (which wasn't sure until recently) and nothing after that. With a new engine, especially one that's different like the 3-cylinder, I like to let it be out for a few years to prove its durability. If it turns out to be a good engine, and if it's offered here, I'd consider one around 2020. I do like the more upscale interior, especially the high end stereo option.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Much nicer lines [thumb]

No interior pics?...That's where the most notable improvements were made...

While I do prefer the current generation design more, not having new Fiesta STs for more Americans suck. Looks like our market told Ford that there's not enough interests for the car, and that will leave many of us looking across globe again with envy in the future. I am hoping that Ford can at least bring the new car over, even if it's with the current 4-cyl motor.

I wanted it to hit the US. I even held off on getting my 17 until I had more definitive information. I may be in the minority on this but I liked the styling changes, especially the interior. Maybe with some luck we will be able to swap some of the updated look onto our US models?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Americans just don't care for hot hatches. We want trucks, SUVs and V8s. Maybe when gas goes back up to $5.00/gallon, we'll care about fuel economy again.

The front end looks good, nice and clean. However the rear end styling makes it look like a CUV.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #13
Tomorrow is the last day of the show. On the way to my display, I’ll try to snap some interior pics. I was interrupting the guy who was polishing it this morning to take a few pics, so didn’t want to hold him up.

Business6

The first picture, angle and color remind me a lot of a MkVI GTI. I like it from this perspective.

The rear, though, is completely ruined by the taillights. Way too much of a "am I a hatch or crossover, haha, I don't know?!" going on.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Tomorrow is the last day of the show. On the way to my display, I’ll try to snap some interior pics. I was interrupting the guy who was polishing it this morning to take a few pics, so didn’t want to hold him up.
Which company are you repping for at that show (which is like a WORLDWIDE PRI show)?

PLEASE try and get some pics from the MS-RT displays, and any info you can on their 'road car' products being offered to the public in the future.
Were any of the team drivers there? 'Sir' Malcolm Wilson OBE?

Now that the WHOLE team is Red Bull sponsored, I hope that they release a flex fit hat with that livery on it and some championship winning accolades as well! ;)

I’m ok if we don’t get this car. Our cars make sense to be kept as a five door hatch than this eighties-wanna-be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I’m ok if we don’t get this car. Our cars make sense to be kept as a five door hatch than this eighties-wanna-be

Our version would be 5door I'm sure just like overseas they get the 3 door of our current fist....... I know your still new.

Our version would be 5door I'm sure just like overseas they get the 3 door of our current fist....... I know your still new.
Oh yeah but aside from slim aesthetics and the menial power enhancement it’s just not worth going to the dealer letting them do their song and dance and then we do OUR song and dance to finally come up with a new car not worth getting. Enjoy it if you like it, I personally don’t.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Well my thoughts are I'd rather have the option of this car in the future over nothing......... I see a civic si,gti or fr-s in my future. My fist isn't gonna last forever.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Since I refuse to buy any of those others mentioned, my FiST MUST "last forever" and be my last car, unless my financial situation changes RADICALLY in the near future, which is VERY VERY unlikely, given this current fascist regime, under which it will only get MUCH worse! [:(] [mad]