Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2017 ST in NJ

Sleeper-6

Greetings everyone, checking in to say "Hi". I just picked up a base Fiesta ST, in Magnetic as a new daily driver. It seemed to fit the bill nicely as something fun to scoot around in without breaking the bank. I'm sure I'll start tweaking and playing with it soon like I always end up doing with my rides.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

You should check out the NJ ST Club which is pretty much based out of Smith Ford in Washington, but then I am sure you already knew this IF you bought your FiST there!

Is the TBSS modded at all, or is that a stupid question? LOL (I owned/drove an LS1 4th gen Z28 immediately before this car. ;) )

Welcome fellow NJ fiSTer. Also check out NJMP hooked on driving events. They do a good bit of events in the mid Atlantic region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome fellow NJ fiSTer. Also check out NJMP hooked on driving events. They do a good bit of events in the mid Atlantic region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the HOD group. I ran my mustang with them at multiple Pocono Mega events.
(Mega) I think the FiST would be a rolling road block for most cars that run the Mega (im in intermediate group) I guess i could run in the beginner group, so people are just slower.

OP
S

Sleeper-6

Thread Starter #15
Thank you everyone!

I'll have to check out the club out of Smith. I bought it through Flemington, so I was not aware of them.

As for the TBSS, I've managed to keep stock under the hood except for cutting out the giant factory muffler and putting in a Dynomax Bullet in it's place. It's been my daily driver since new, so I have been hesitant to mess with it. I have done some suspension work. It's lowered a little with BellTech shocks, tubular upper arms in the front, BMR upper and lower arms in the rear, Spohn panhard bar, a DJM rear sway bar, and MaxxForce endlinks front and rear.

I've thought about autocrossing, however I'm not so sure how hard I want to beat the car that gets me to work everyday. can't say it's totally off the table though.

my experience is that this car yet to let me down. It had participated in 12 autoX events, 14 track driving events, and has yet to have a major issue. Its one of the most reliable cars I have owned.

Octane academy teaches you to track your FiST.

But you need to autox your car to know how it will handle in emergency situations

my experience is that this car yet to let me down. It had participated in 12 autoX events, 14 track driving events, and has yet to have a major issue. Its one of the most reliable cars I have owned.
What size wheels are you on? 16?
I am considering 16" sparco assetto gara with 225/45 Dunlop ZII

In the heat of summer at autox, i would get brake fade after a few runs in my 14 (years ago) This was on stock pads/stock brake fluid.

What tracks have you taken the FiST? I assume that the car will do better on smaller tracks. Have you noticed that the car gets in the way of fast cars?

Thanks

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thank you everyone!

I'll have to check out the club out of Smith. I bought it through Flemington, so I was not aware of them.

As for the TBSS, I've managed to keep stock under the hood except for cutting out the giant factory muffler and putting in a Dynomax Bullet in it's place. It's been my daily driver since new, so I have been hesitant to mess with it. I have done some suspension work. It's lowered a little with BellTech shocks, tubular upper arms in the front, BMR upper and lower arms in the rear, Spohn panhard bar, a DJM rear sway bar, and MaxxForce endlinks front and rear.

I've thought about autocrossing, however I'm not so sure how hard I want to beat the car that gets me to work everyday. can't say it's totally off the table though.
I stopped in to try and test drive a FiST at Ditschman Ford when I was first looking to buy one in April 2016, and not only did they not have one, but barely knew it existed.

Turns out, I STILL should have bought mine there, instead of at Fred Beans in Doylestown (despite the 1% higher sales tax in Joyzee), since the whole ordering/buying experience probably would have been better at that dealer, as well as they might have 'worked WITH me' on price more. [:(]