Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fifteen52 Fender Flares what can I fit?

I just committed to fitting the fender flares I picked up and having the current arches cut so that they are functional. Now I need to know what the fattest rubber I can get down there is. I've seen some people running 245/35s on 9" rims, but have heard of some rubbing issues. I'm more interested in the 8" turbomacs, as well as stock suspension and stock height. I've been considering 235/40-45 and 345/35-40. Ideally I'd like the taller sidewall since the gearing is so short, though I do not know what I can fit with this setup. Any feedback is much appreciated!

I am running a 245/45/16. 235/40/17 fits fine as well.

Its more important to get the fender trimming right or you will have rubbing issues. I have been doing a ton of research to make sure I cut once...

codestp202

Question for myself, what wheels are you looking at in 17x8 and 17x9? Along with weights please

Would be interested to see these in person my snows just jacked up my front fender. Running 15x7 et 30 with 205/60r15 with factory suspension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Question for myself, what wheels are you looking at in 17x8 and 17x9? Along with weights please
Pretty much just the turbomac cast or two piece. Maybe some bbs rims as well since they make a 17x9. Fifteen52 said that some people run a 17x9 ET15 with 235s with this kit. As far as the weights of the rims, I do not know, but you can find it on their website. I'm less interested in weight and more so in the strength and quality of the rims

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Would be interested to see these in person my snows just jacked up my front fender. Running 15x7 et 30 with 205/60r15 with factory suspension.

Yeah, of course, I'm just down the road from you! DM me and we can find a time to meet up

For my snow tires I've bought 3 extra steelies and copied the OEM spare tire size for them. Wanted some skinny tires for the snow.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
I am running a 245/45/16. 235/40/17 fits fine as well.

Its more important to get the fender trimming right or you will have rubbing issues. I have been doing a ton of research to make sure I cut once...
The package was just delivered today, but I won't be home for a few weeks, so I don't know if it came with cutting templates or any guidance. Any information you find on it would be much appreciated

DaveG99

There must be a huge weight increase putting 9" wide wheels and 245 series tires.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
Stock rim + tire = 22.5+19 = 41.5 per corner

17x9 rim (Advandi Storm S1 17) + 245/40 tire (Proxes R1R) = 17.7 + 23 = 40.7 per corner

My computer can't access fifteen52 right now, so I searched Tire Rack for 17x9 rims. Even if I was using heavier rims, I'd consider the added weight offset by the larger contact surface as well as the wider stance available

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
I found a set of used BBS 17x8.5 ET15 with 215/45/17 continental tires on them. I'm looking for wider tires, but asking 350 that's a great deal. Only problem is the centerbore is 66mm instead of 63.3 Any way to still fit those?

I found a set of used BBS 17x8.5 ET15 with 215/45/17 continental tires on them. I'm looking for wider tires, but asking 350 that's a great deal. Only problem is the centerbore is 66mm instead of 63.3 Any way to still fit those?
Hubcentric rings off ebay worked for me.

Im interested in what tire size would fit with the flares for the new 16x8 Konig Dekagrams. I already pre ordered them but still need a set of tires. (Stock ride height and suspension)

OP
S
Thread Starter #15
Im interested in what tire size would fit with the flares for the new 16x8 Konig Dekagrams. I already pre ordered them but still need a set of tires. (Stock ride height and suspension)
A lot will depend on your offset. With stock height and an 8" wide around ET20-30 I'd bet money a 235 with a 45 profile would fit well without rubbing issues. Hard to say though since so few people are using these flares. I'm still trying to track down a set of wheels for a price I'm prepared to pay. I may even settle for an 8" just to get something with the correct centerbore since I can't find rings to fit the 9" wheels I wanted :,(

A lot will depend on your offset. With stock height and an 8" wide around ET20-30 I'd bet money a 235 with a 45 profile would fit well without rubbing issues. Hard to say though since so few people are using these flares. I'm still trying to track down a set of wheels for a price I'm prepared to pay. I may even settle for an 8" just to get something with the correct centerbore since I can't find rings to fit the 9" wheels I wanted :,(
Im fairly certain that it only comes in ET40 for the 4x108 bolt pattern

OP
S
Thread Starter #17
Do you already have your flares fitted with cut fenders?

That wheel is pretty well set for an unmodified body, but without low offset or spacers I would look into what size tires others are running on that size wheel, and what the clearance is like with respect to the suspension instead of worrying about clearance with your fenders.

I haven't even ordered the fenders yet seeing as how they're just as much as the set of wheels lol. I was just curious because I plan on going BT and want as much grip as possible to put the power down

OP
S
Thread Starter #19
I haven't even ordered the fenders yet seeing as how they're just as much as the set of wheels lol. I was just curious because I plan on going BT and want as much grip as possible to put the power down
At stage 1 mine already needed more grip to keep the power down in 2nd and sometimes in 3rd. I read on another post from MKVIIST "With 225/40/R17 you'll be close to the fender as I was before at ET38 on 215/40/R17 17x8 wheels. I was fine at stock height, but every tire company may run slightly different and I using Yokohama S-Drive." the person was asking about a 17x7 et42. Seems like a 215/40 or 45 would be safe bets, 225s could be pushing it. I'll look for more info, but after 20 minutes of digging this is the best I've got for you

OP
S
Thread Starter #20
Not really, I'd stick with 8" wide if you want to run 17" or bigger, and with some (significant) fender mod you can roll 15x9 like raamaudio, nobody really makes a 16x8 or a 16x8.5 - which would be ideal in my book.... I'm running 17x8 +38 on a 215/40 rt615k... Pics for reference of fit with lowering springs...
Found this one too. This seems to be the closest I could find to your setup. Stock suspension I'd go ahead and say 215/45 is a safe tire. 225/35 would probably be fine as well, but you'd be shortening your already short gear ratios with the smaller profile.