Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help learning accessport

I ordered the base acessport without the stage 1 package( no filter or motor mount) could i still set it up to monitor all my gauges in my car without installling a tune or is there any tunes i should get for my car its still stock at the moment

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
I thought stage 1 was wit the drop in filter and the motor mount? I might be mistaken

On Cobb's website they tell you the recommended mods for each 'stage' of tune. I'd recommend getting a pro tune though!

There are zero issues running the stage 1 OTS file from Cobb on a completely stock car. If you get a couple other mods, I'd recommend a Stratified tune at that point.

Did you buy the AP new? If so, can you return it? For the same $500 (actually less with their sale), you can buy an AP3 from Mountune and you get one of their custom tunes included. No brainer to me.

I ordered the base acessport without the stage 1 package( no filter or motor mount) could i still set it up to monitor all my gauges in my car without installling a tune or is there any tunes i should get for my car its still stock at the moment
To answer your first question, yes, you can monitor gauges while still using the stock tune after the accessport is installed to your vehicle. You can run the OTS cobb stage 1 on a stock car as others have said. Your factory tune will be saved in the "Stage 0" slot, so you always have the option to return to stock if needed. As far as the cobb OTS tunes go, skip them. Get a flash tune from stratified or other reputable tuner.

brbauer2

To answer your first question, yes, you can monitor gauges while still using the stock tune after the accessport is installed to your vehicle. You can run the OTS cobb stage 1 on a stock car as others have said. Your factory tune will be saved in the "Stage 0" slot, so you always have the option to return to stock if needed. As far as the cobb OTS tunes go, skip them. Get a flash tune from stratified or other reputable tuner.
Just to clarify, Stage 0 is NOT the stock ECU that gets saved when you install the AP to the car. The ONLY way to go back to the stock tune is to uninstall the AP from the vehicle.

Stage 0 is a 'stock-like' tune. Meaning the throttle mappings, torque values, etc. are all the same as stock, but with the added COBB features (launch control etc.).

You need to install the AP to the car to get gauges, no way around that.

My buddy with a. FoST runs the COBB OTS 93 Stage 3 tune without any issues. Last time he had it on the dyno he put down higher numbers than everyone except an E30 Protuned FoST.

There are zero issues running the stage 1 OTS file from Cobb on a completely stock car. If you get a couple other mods, I'd recommend a Stratified tune at that point.

Did you buy the AP new? If so, can you return it? For the same $500 (actually less with their sale), you can buy an AP3 from Mountune and you get one of their custom tunes included. No brainer to me.
Interesting... I am running a totally stock car as well and am getting to the point where I want a little more out of the car lol. How much cheaper is it with the sale? Is the tune something that is a one time only, or they will upgrade as you add more parts?

Thanks!

Interesting... I am running a totally stock car as well and am getting to the point where I want a little more out of the car lol. How much cheaper is it with the sale? Is the tune something that is a one time only, or they will upgrade as you add more parts?

Thanks!
A flash tune is a one and done thing, so no revisions or updates as you add parts without paying more. The "sale" through Stratified is about $50 off because the AP has a list price of $500, and the Strat flash tune is $50, together it's sold for $500. Other vendors offer this as well, like Mountune. JST and Dizzy may do something similar.

bang for your buck the COBB accessport (OTS tunes or custom) is your goto.. Might seem expensive but you get alot out of them and they hold their value.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just to clarify, Stage 0 is NOT the stock ECU that gets saved when you install the AP to the car. The ONLY way to go back to the stock tune is to uninstall the AP from the vehicle.

Stage 0 is a 'stock-like' tune. Meaning the throttle mappings, torque values, etc. are all the same as stock, but with the added COBB features (launch control etc.).
So do the Cobb OTS tunes include launch control as they come on the accessport? I thought you had to buy LC in addition to the accessport

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I can't figure out how to make it work! What cc button do you use to activate it?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I can't figure out how to make it work! What cc button do you use to activate it?
The cruise has to be off with the car running. Hit the CAN/RES button. The tach will point to whichever version of the tune it's on. 1000 for 1, 2000 for 2, etc. Push the up and down buttons to select the mode. The tach needle will move to the mode you want. It will go back to whatever RPM after a few seconds.
If that doesn't work, I guess it doesn't come with it for the canned tunes.
My tune comes with 5:
  • Slot 1 - Custom High Performance Calibration
  • Slot 2 - Custom High Performance Calibration with indicated Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting
  • Slot 3 - Low Boost / Gas Miser Mode
  • Slot 4 - Panic Mode / Bad Fuel Mode
  • Slot 5 - Wastegate Actuator Evaluation Mode