Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
2 Likes

Thread: Help learning accessport

  1. #1
    New Member
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    City
    Easton
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    4


    Help learning accessport

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I ordered the base acessport without the stage 1 package( no filter or motor mount) could i still set it up to monitor all my gauges in my car without installling a tune or is there any tunes i should get for my car its still stock at the moment

  2. #2
    Member 197 Rep Points DaveG99's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    City
    Dallas
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    197


    1 Likes

    the access port should have the COBB Off the shelf (OTS) tunes on it. Run the stage 1 tune and you are good to go.

  3. #3
    New Member
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    City
    Easton
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    4


    I thought stage 1 was wit the drop in filter and the motor mount? I might be mistaken

  4. #4
    New Member 32 Rep Points alexwlwsn's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Columbia
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    32


    On Cobb's website they tell you the recommended mods for each 'stage' of tune. I'd recommend getting a pro tune though!
    2016 Purple Drank Tuned Fiesta ST

  5. #5
    New Member 6 Rep Points Ricky Taco's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    City
    Palmdale
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    6


    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
    the access port should have the COBB Off the shelf (OTS) tunes on it. Run the stage 1 tune and you are good to go.
    If your stock, do the stage 1 tune and pick which octane your using. You will be impressed.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    New Member 14 Rep Points Speedboosted's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    City
    Vancouver
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    14


    1 Likes

    There are zero issues running the stage 1 OTS file from Cobb on a completely stock car. If you get a couple other mods, I'd recommend a Stratified tune at that point.

    Did you buy the AP new? If so, can you return it? For the same $500 (actually less with their sale), you can buy an AP3 from Mountune and you get one of their custom tunes included. No brainer to me.
    Cobb - Stratified - Mountune - Rally Armor - Boomba

  7. #7
    New Member 26 Rep Points Fiester's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    City
    Westland
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    26


    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfistlol View Post
    I ordered the base acessport without the stage 1 package( no filter or motor mount) could i still set it up to monitor all my gauges in my car without installling a tune or is there any tunes i should get for my car its still stock at the moment
    To answer your first question, yes, you can monitor gauges while still using the stock tune after the accessport is installed to your vehicle. You can run the OTS cobb stage 1 on a stock car as others have said. Your factory tune will be saved in the "Stage 0" slot, so you always have the option to return to stock if needed. As far as the cobb OTS tunes go, skip them. Get a flash tune from stratified or other reputable tuner.

  8. #8
    Member 201 Rep Points brbauer2's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    City
    St. Charles
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    511
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    201


    Quote Originally Posted by Fiester View Post
    To answer your first question, yes, you can monitor gauges while still using the stock tune after the accessport is installed to your vehicle. You can run the OTS cobb stage 1 on a stock car as others have said. Your factory tune will be saved in the "Stage 0" slot, so you always have the option to return to stock if needed. As far as the cobb OTS tunes go, skip them. Get a flash tune from stratified or other reputable tuner.
    Just to clarify, Stage 0 is NOT the stock ECU that gets saved when you install the AP to the car. The ONLY way to go back to the stock tune is to uninstall the AP from the vehicle.

    Stage 0 is a 'stock-like' tune. Meaning the throttle mappings, torque values, etc. are all the same as stock, but with the added COBB features (launch control etc.).

    You need to install the AP to the car to get gauges, no way around that.


    My buddy with a. FoST runs the COBB OTS 93 Stage 3 tune without any issues. Last time he had it on the dyno he put down higher numbers than everyone except an E30 Protuned FoST.
    '16 Molten Orange ST 2Nov16 -
    '14 Ruby Red SE 14Feb14 - 2Nov16
    '12 Red Candy SE 23Nov11 - 14Feb14


  9. #9
    New Member 11 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    City
    Dallas
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    11


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Taco View Post
    If your stock, do the stage 1 tune and pick which octane your using. You will be impressed.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Your av looks familiar. Are you on OT?


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •