Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
7 Likes

Thread: First engine mod ideas?

Member 76 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    I'm wondering why Ford would waste development money if it didn't.
    For one, Ford wouldn't sell a car with a gauze style filter like the drop in panel filters. They don't filter well enough, the oil may contaminate the MAF sensor over time, and they are louder than the stock paper element.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    I'm wondering why Ford would waste development money if it didn't.
    You're comparing apples to oranges. He said "maybe not enough gain to justify its cost" he didn't say that the intake doesn't provide any gain at all. The cost/benefit for a car owner to upgrade to ST200 v another intake and Ford's cost to develop the ST200 intake are two different things.
    2016 Metallic

Performance Mods
    - Stratified E30 Tune | Cobb Access Port | Airtec Intercooler | Injen Intake (+ Woosh Adapter) | Polyurethane RMM | Gas Pedal Spacer 3/8"
    Accessories
    - XML2 Yellow LED Fog Lights | 35% Window Tint | Weathertech Wind Deflectors (F+R)
    Planned Future Mods
    - Bilstein B8 Struts and Eibach Pro Kit Springs | PumaSpeed Hybrid Turbo w/ basic supporting bolt-ons

New Member 13 Rep Points EnthusiaST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Okemos
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RMM, short shift plate and GFV DV or a BOV. Whoosh has a radium OCC on his site as an alternative to the Damond. I’d check that out as well.
    Saving up for a FIST (#13)
    09 MX5 GT (coilovers, wheels, tires, boltons)
    09 WR450F (Supermoto'd, built motor, slipper and BBK)
    02 CBR954RR (slip on)
    On Car #12 and Motorcycle #14.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Ooltewah
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    For one, Ford wouldn't sell a car with a gauze style filter like the drop in panel filters. They don't filter well enough, the oil may contaminate the MAF sensor over time, and they are louder than the stock paper element.
    I beg to differ, the Mountune MP215 uses the K&N and is sold and warranted by Ford. Only dummies that over oil a K&N filter have problems and nobody will have warranty problems with them properly used. I am pretty sure Ford did not develop the ST200 intake....I believe it was Mountune. As to filtering I have used K&N for 40 years on every car that they had a filter to fit. My BMW 320is had 300K and was still a dd when I donated it to a charity and never burned a drop of oil. Never had a car with any signs of wear from the air filter doing a poor job or an intake or air tube showing any dirt of dust internally. Since it is totally enclosed in an airbox with the Mountune MP215 there is no increase in intake noise with it on the ST. The short ram cones do indeed increase intake noise. The only real negative is that you must clean it and oil it rather than dropping one in. That is the main reason nobody offers them as factory stock. You can't get owners to check fluid levels much less deal with a K&N air filter. Besides Ford SELLS replaceable air filters by the hundreds of thousands a day. A K&N is a one time purchase.

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Springfield
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally we recommend CPE Intercooler, Cobb AP, Tune Plus tune, either modify your OEM air box and do a panel filter or buy the mountune box & then pickup the FSwerks shift plate & all of the boomba shift bushings! You’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Davenport
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmrtsus View Post
    I beg to differ, the Mountune MP215 uses the K&N and is sold and warranted by Ford. Only dummies that over oil a K&N filter have problems and nobody will have warranty problems with them properly used. I am pretty sure Ford did not develop the ST200 intake....I believe it was Mountune. As to filtering I have used K&N for 40 years on every car that they had a filter to fit. My BMW 320is had 300K and was still a dd when I donated it to a charity and never burned a drop of oil. Never had a car with any signs of wear from the air filter doing a poor job or an intake or air tube showing any dirt of dust internally. Since it is totally enclosed in an airbox with the Mountune MP215 there is no increase in intake noise with it on the ST. The short ram cones do indeed increase intake noise. The only real negative is that you must clean it and oil it rather than dropping one in. That is the main reason nobody offers them as factory stock. You can't get owners to check fluid levels much less deal with a K&N air filter. Besides Ford SELLS replaceable air filters by the hundreds of thousands a day. A K&N is a one time purchase.
    " Ford and Mountune worked very closely together when developing the original Mountune kit – to such an extent in fact that, according to the ST200’s programme chief, the intellectual property rights remained with Ford. This allowed it to easily implement a similar strategy of intake mods... Mountune remains Ford’s officially endorsed partner, however, so don’t think there’s been a falling out."

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...0-2016-review/

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirThomas88 View Post

That's what I currently have installed on my car, I got it for $120 but I had to purchase a Woosh motorsports adapter for it not to throw any CEL codes since I have a 2016+ model. The sound is great and the throttle response is improved, and butt-dyno says theres a few HP gained in there. Compared to the other intake options, besides the improvement in induction noise, the best part is I didn't have to spend much money for it.
    Are you freaking serious? An INTAKE will throw a CEL on a 2016+? WTF.. Ya, just gonna stick with the Mountune package for $589 and you get AP w/way better than Cobb OTS tune, RMM and drop in, DONE... (*until I go turbo upgrade anyway...lol)

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Ooltewah
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Are you freaking serious? An INTAKE will throw a CEL on a 2016+? WTF.. Ya, just gonna stick with the Mountune package for $589 and you get AP w/way better than Cobb OTS tune, RMM and drop in, DONE... (*until I go turbo upgrade anyway...lol)
    No code if you use a FORD hose to connect without bypassing emissions like the Woosh. So it comes down to warranty and legality. Do you feel lucky?

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmrtsus View Post
    No code if you use a FORD hose to connect without bypassing emissions like the Woosh. So it comes down to warranty and legality. Do you feel lucky?
    Emissions as in the crank case and bypass return hose? So I think I read correctly before if you want to use a BOV or VTA you have to use an adapter? Also, catch cans are a great idea if you plan on keeping the car more than 60k miles, these DI engines get nasty carbon buildup...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12