Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First engine mod ideas?
7 Likes

Member 36 Rep Points spdkills83's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    WV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

First engine mod ideas?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello all, finally looking to start with the power mods. Just going to keep it mild at first so here is what I have put together.

Damond OCC
    Whoosh FMIC
    ST 200 intake w/Whoosh intake pipe and Ram air filter
    Stratifed Accessport or Tune + tuned for the above.

Any other suggestions for this would be appreciated. Not really looking to do a DP at this time simply because I have read where the exhaust on this car is fine until we upgrade our turbo. I am really just going for the most bang for my buck power mods first, as the car is plenty fun as is.

Only "power mod" to date is I have deleted the resonator on the exhaust lol.

I have read the beginning power mod guide as well, just thought there may be some other ideas out there floating around outside of that.

Thanks for looking.

New Member 28 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I would just stick with intercooler and tune and the catch can to possibly prevent intake valve carbon buildup, that is where 97 percent of the gain will come from, save the rest of the money for suspension or wheels ect....

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

That's a good place to start. Catch can is a good idea to prevent build up and you'll get the most bang for your buck with an accessport. Stock box is pretty good as far as intakes go. The injen I have pretty much is only for sound.

I'd add a rear motor mount to that list.
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof SOLD
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

2016 Mustang GT, California Special, Roush Axle Back, 3.55
    2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo

Member 36 Rep Points spdkills83's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    WV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies. As far as the RMM goes I have the CPE currently. After doing a bit more research looks like I will go with Tune + on the tuning part of things when I proceed with power mods.

Any other thoughts or comments are welcome.

Thank you

Member 27 Rep Points SirThomas88's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you're going for the same goals I am, which is a stock turbo build in which you get the best bang for your buck for performance gains and overall fun.

Based off those parts you mentioned and since you're planning to get an aftermarket intercooler, I would recommend you consider a used Short Ram Intake such as Injen or another brand. They're probably much cheaper than every other intake option and should still net you some gains. Best part of all is the wonderful induction noise you'll gain from it, which is absolutely beautiful.

Most people will say that with a Short Ram Intake sucking it hot air from the engine bay will actually be worse performance, but from my research an efficient aftermarket intercooler effectively brings the intake air temps back to ambient levels anyways. No intake can bring your temps below ambient temp level, so the price savings and beautiful sound an SRI makes becomes a real benefit here over the other options.

That's what I currently have installed on my car, I got it for $120 but I had to purchase a Woosh motorsports adapter for it not to throw any CEL codes since I have a 2016+ model. The sound is great and the throttle response is improved, and butt-dyno says theres a few HP gained in there. Compared to the other intake options, besides the improvement in induction noise, the best part is I didn't have to spend much money for it.
    2016 Metallic

Performance Mods
    - Stratified E30 Tune | Cobb AccessPort | Airtec Intercooler | Injen Intake + Woosh Adapter | NGK Iridium X Spark Plugs | Eibach Pro Kit Springs | Polyurethane RMM |
    Accessories
    - XML2 Yellow LED Fog Lights | 35% Window Tint | Weathertech Wind Deflectors (F)
    Planned Future Mods
    - Lightweight Wheels + Performance Tires | Radiator Upgrade | Limited Slip Diff | Lightweight Flywheel

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    PR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF you have a little more budget i add a RMM and a crossover pipe to that list. But the main ones are there already, the AP and the FMIC ;)
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST, Recaros, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort (custom tune), NGK LTR7IX-11 (1 step colder), Resonator Delete, Turbosmart EM Plumb-back, Ramair blue intake silicone hose
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Performance Blue, Ramair crossover pipe gold taped, Whoosh hotside J charge pipe, Whoosh Blue Silicone charge hoses , Whoosh symposer delete
    PowerFlex RMM inserts, Poweflex Motor and Transmision bushing inserts, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, ST200 Airbox with Ramair filter
    Hawk 5.0 brake pads, Mishimoto radiator hoses, LaminX headlight protectors, OEM all weather mats inc/ trunk, Maxon Design front lip v2, CPE FMIC
    Boomba short throw tranny kit, Boomba tranny solid bushings, Rota titans Gold 17x7.5 , Mountune Radiator, TB Performance stage 3 braces

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wastegate,
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit), ST2 focus st recaro seat upgrade, 16x8 konig dekagram with 205 45 16 sc2(Future Mods Hybrid turbo)

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure you gain enough with the ST200 to justify its cost over just putting a Cobb or Mountune (K&N style) flat panel filter. I have not seen anything definitive, as in back to back dyno runs with the same car on the same day. I would be interested to know if that data is available.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada S
    1971 Vespa 150 Super
    2017 Honda CB1100 EX

Member #
    Medals
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I have an Injen intake with a snorkle and can confirm it does nothing but make noise.

Your best bang for buck first mods are going to be Cobb AP, RM, drop in filter, followed by an intercooler. You can often find those first 3 as a kit and save a few bucks that way.
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST, Recaros, Nav, Sunroof SOLD
    Cobb AccessPort V3 (Stage 3), Cobb Downpipe, Cobb Exhaust Hangers, MAP Cat Back Exhaust, Injen Intake,
    Deadhook Motorsports FMIC (factory-fit, black), Cobb RMM, DIY Sound Symposer Delete, MBRP Hot side charge pipe,
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, H&R Camber bolts, Mountune lowering springs

2016 Mustang GT, California Special, Roush Axle Back, 3.55
    2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    I'm not sure you gain enough with the ST200 to justify its cost over just putting a Cobb or Mountune (K&N style) flat panel filter. I have not seen anything definitive, as in back to back dyno runs with the same car on the same day. I would be interested to know if that data is available.
    I'm wondering why Ford would waste development money if it didn't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast