Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's everyone's thought on the new Ford Ranger?

DaveG99

I had a 2002 ford ranger edge back in 2003. Bought it used with 14k miles on it for $10k. It was an awesome truck. It was my daily when I had a heavily modified eclipse. I wish i still had that truck. I like the new ranger but only if it was $20-$25k. I'm sure it will be around $35-40k though which is ridiculous

Just saw quite a few of them in England and they look cool. One was badged as a “Gladiator” model and looked like the Ranger equivalent of a Raptor.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It would be cool if they offered a stripped down, 2 door, NON crew cab version with a manual and the Edge ST's EcoBoost V-6.

That one in these pic looks so much bigger (and 'loaded to the gills') than the original Ranger models that it needs all of the weight reduction it can get!
I do like the style/aesthetics of the front clip/grille, and a single cab, short bed 'Raptor' like version would be WICKED! [burnout] [cool] [twothumb]

Reminds me of my Sport Trac back in the day. I loved that thing.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it's not 25k to 35k forget it. I could buy a full size pickup for around that slightly used with under 20k on the odometer. I hope they play their cards right....they might have a real winner if they do.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Well I mean, the Colorado starts at about 21k. I'm thinking that's their first and direct competitor. They will sell it for about the same for sure.

At least the Ranger doesn't look like a goddamn toy.

There ABSOLUTELY has to be a stripped down, 2 door, no frills work truck option...even if that variant is never on the dealer lot, let it be orderable.
https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/
Second picture in the gallery and first picture in "All terrain capability" shows a 2 door Ranger. Only pictures I could find with two doors. The bed also seems slightly longer based on the rear wheels, but it might be just because the cab is different, so I'm not sure.

This could make a nice winter car and go getter to replace the FiST when I eventually store it for the winter.

Hopefully the 2.3L engine does not pop head gaskets with the frequency of the Focus RS. The problem with 'small' trucks is that they are not all that small anymore. This truck is huge compared to the last Ranger. They are about the same size as a 1970's half ton. This just shows how positively monstrous full size trucks are now the last number of years.
Like the look of it.
Be nice to see a non turbo model.

2C76D249-DA09-40F7-8F5D-FE5740A50D75.jpeg CE05E5D9-76F0-47DC-8B57-F7F4B2B0877B.jpeg
Here’s the truck I saw parked (dark and foggy, sorry) and a modified version at Autosport.

Of all of the trucks I saw in the U.K., which included Fords, Toyotas, Nissans, Mitsus, and a Chinese Ssangyong, all were this style, with 4 door cabs and short beds, and well optioned. I did see one newer bare-bones, single cab Yota pulling a trailer with lawnmowers.

Does anyone know the engine options? And are they going to offer an off-road packaged one (not like a raptor equivalent) but like gm's Z71

Does anyone know the engine options? And are they going to offer an off-road packaged one (not like a raptor equivalent) but like gm's Z71
1: 2.3 litre 4 cylinder. Maybe 300hp, 300 ft/lb.

2: yes, FX4 off-road package, with shocks and skid plates, same modes as raptor...

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

Is it just me or the small size trucks are just too big now? My father had the first gen Canyon and he bought a new one a year ago. It so much bigger it's ridiculous. They are now almost as big as last gen Silverado. The same thing is happening to the Ranger. I want my small truck to be small and light, not last gen full size/weight! Maybe it's just me.

My first car in 1993 was a '91 Ford Ranger with that tiny 4 cylinder and a 5-speed. Learned to drive stick on it (man that clutch had some travel), and every manual since then has been cake.

But it was my first car because it was relatively cheap at the time. This new Ranger is going to be luxurious in comparison and therefore way more money than I'd like to spend on something I could just beat up. A stripped down version would be great. I completely wrung out my old Ranger for years, even delivered pizzas in it for a while. It would not die. I traded it in in about 1999 with over 100k miles and the only thing it ever needed was a new alternator. How I didn't wear out the clutch I'll never know.

I welcome the new Ranger, and happy to see a truck that isn't a giant F-150. I hope it sells well, but it is a little late to the party.

Is it just me or the small size trucks are just too big now? My father had the first gen Canyon and he bought a new one a year ago. It so much bigger it's ridiculous. They are now almost as big as last gen Silverado. The same thing is happening to the Ranger. I want my small truck to be small and light, not last gen full size/weight! Maybe it's just me.
I 100% agree. Most all trucks nowadays are large luxury cruisers that just happen to have a bed it seems. I'm not going to want to throw lumber into the back of my pristine truck and then hop into a bolstered leather heated/cooled seat in my dirty work clothes.