Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone here use their FiST as a daily driver?

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I daily mine too. 15 with 86k miles. Running stg 3 and loving this car still. I drive about 700 a week at the moment. Sometimes it's more but rarely less. I hope to get at least as many miles out of this on as my old car witch I still have. Poor thing needs a battery and tires and smog shit. Nut I will drive it again too. Cant leave it behind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I daily mine too. 15 with 86k miles. Running stg 3 and loving this car still. I drive about 700 a week at the moment. Sometimes it's more but rarely less. I hope to get at least as many miles out of this on as my old car witch I still have. Poor thing needs a battery and tires and smog shit. Nut I will drive it again too. Cant leave it behind.

Good to see it still running strong @ 86k with a strong tune.

Battery and tires and smog are just normal wear items. I'd like to keep mine as long as I can. This is a memorable car.

*Raises hand*

I'd say a very large portion use it as their DD.

I'm nearly FBO 93/E30 protuned and do nearly 300 miles/week. This year's upgrades will be to the suspension and brakes since I want to start tracking the car as well.

Things that I consider a MUST for DDing are RMM, some sort of shifter shortening (transmission bracket or full kit) + solid bushings, and a pedal spacer.

Get this man a beer. Those few items completely upgrade the driving experience more than any other mods. Plus you'll retain having amazing MPGs.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Good to see it still running strong @ 86k with a strong tune.

Battery and tires and smog are just normal wear items. I'd like to keep mine as long as I can. This is a memorable car.
No my old car needs that stuff but come to think of it the fist does need a battery and tires soon. Just debating wheels or coilovers next.

Right now mine is a DD, but soon will be a weekend fun car and an occasional drive to work. Currently putting 700 miles a week on it.

I daily mine 150 miles per day. I have put roughly 25k on it in 6 months. However I'm lucky enough to have an awd beater for the winter. I'm fully stock with a stratified tune and still average around 32mpg, all highway though. My only complain is the ride is a bit stiff on the horrible highways in here in PA.

Iā€™m pretty hard on mine everyday. Itā€™s not the kind of car I imagine keeping in the garage for weekends or good weather days...

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I drive mine every day in everything from 90'F to -12'F, bright sunshine to feet of snow. I do remove the summer wheels/tires, splitter, and Mountune intercooler for the winter and install mud flaps, underbody protection, winter mats, and a winter set of wheels and tires. The rest of the modifications stay on the car all year.

Typically drive 80-110 miles 3 days a week. All highway so I average 32-38 mpg depending on how heavy I am on the throttle. Stage 1 Cobb tune, drop in filter, mud flaps, and currently on 15 inch snow tires. Haven't had this much fun in a daily driver since I was 15 and had my bored out 75cc moped.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Since acquiring the ST. That puts me at owning 3 vehicles. My bike, GA, and the ST. I've never owned a car with me being the first owner so I want to try to keep the ST as good condition as I can since I have the option to do so. I clean my cars OFTEN and am meticulous when it comes to keeping them as clean as possible. Since this car is new I even put it on a lift and clean the underside [hihi] But I'm not on the side of the court to where I don't ever drive my vehicles, I keep them clean while I still drive the shit outta them.

Now since I own multiple vehicles I'll keep the ST in the garage if its snowing or raining and drive the GA. But anytime the roads are dry and clear-ish of salt I'll drive it. I bought it a few months ago brand new and now has around 3100 miles on it. I'm not one to let their cars sit for long periods of time, it bugs me to death.

Its my only car so yeah its my DD. I drive 13 miles one way to work anywhere from 3 to 7 days a week. The car is bone stock except for 16" wheels and all seasons for the winter time.

Iā€™m seeing a lot of people here on the forums with some lovely STā€™s with equally lovely modifications. But Iā€™m wondering how many people daily drive theirs? Winter included. Since Iā€™m planning to use mine as a daily, Iā€™d also like to get an idea of the possible modifications that donā€™t affect daily driveability? Cheers!
I have my ST since November 2016 as daily driving (work, dinner, trip on highway, a trip to the volcano here in Toluca, Mex) and I love it!
Only you have to had an eye open for pots on the road, but is economic on the city and 200 kph on highway

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

I bought it to be a daily. It's my only car. It's fun as a daily, not uncomfortable to me though it can be to some (my friend and uncle both hate the Recaros), good on gas and yet still quick enough and fun in the corners. It will fit 4 adults uncomfortably if needed as I have done on more than one occasion. It fits all the cargo I really need it to fit. It's the best you can really get for a multi-purpose car. Good on gas and easy to drive daily and without changing a thing you can go drive out to a twisty mountain road and have a lot of fun.

My only mod is a Cobb RMM. It doesn't make it unbearable, but it does vibrate slightly at idle over the stock mount. I came from a car that vibrated so much at idle I'm surprised the dash was still bolted in. So for awhile when driving the Fiesta after I got it with the stock mount, sitting at idle it didn't vibrate at all and was so quiet I thought the engine had shut itself off. So I prefer the slight vibration as it gives me feedback.

I live in North Texas. Hasn't snowed in a couple years and when it does stuff shuts down completely so you don't ever really have to drive in it. That being said, Summer tires don't do well below 40 degrees so I bought a second set of wheels with Summers and swapped out my old summers for all seasons that I use during the Winter months. I park it under a carport at my apartment though I'd be garaging it if I had a house. I do drive it in whatever weather. Paint has chips and a repaired windshield chip. Just comes with the daily driver territory. I put 3K on the car in a week on a road trip to Colorado and Utah last September and I regularly head up to Arkansas for the roads.

Just shy of 40K miles now. Bought new in Sept 2015. Had the cooling fan relay issue all the early 2016 models had. Replaced the relay and wiring harness under warranty. Just before warranty was up I had the a blend door actuator give out. That's my only issues with the car so far.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I came from a car that vibrated so much at idle I'm surprised the dash was still bolted in. So for awhile when driving the Fiesta after I got it with the stock mount, sitting at idle it didn't vibrate at all and was so quiet I thought the engine had shut itself off. So I prefer the slight vibration as it gives me feedback.
HA! Same exact experience, and until I installed a CP-E RMM and exhaust system, I was burning up the clutch since it was so smooth and quiet that I could not even tell how high the revs were by sound alone! [crazyeye]

Those who feel this car is too 'rough' in NVH from the factory must have come from Town Cars, or Avalons or such. ;) LOL

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Bought my 2015 FiST in Nov 2015 with only 7 miles on it. Now have just under 57k miles. Probably about 85% highway miles.

Originally intended to use it for uses that my bike was uncapable of handling with it's very limited capacity, but it was so fun that I began doing road trips and commuting occassionally. Was using my bike to commute which used to be the only way to have fun commuting for me. But this car is now a close second which is even more surprising considering that I primarily drive both in a state where splitting lanes is legal.

I used to only commute in the FiST when I had to load things but now that the bike is out of commission, this has become my DD as well. I've taken several road trips now - two of which took me across the country (from LA to Miami and LA to Atlanta) with stops on the way.

Mods that have helped me for DDing and/or the highway and the bumpy roads during my travels have been probably more of a personal preference but here goes:

- 15" rims with more grip, yet quiet and smoother riding tires (all performance summer as I'd prefer not to go the touring tire route). This not only helped the ride but also the over all performance when tires were grippy enough. It doesn't hurt that I like the look too.

- Koni Str.T shocks on stock springs. Really smooth out that bouncy harshness in the stock suspension. But don't expect a luxuriously smooth ride, you will still feel the bumps, they will just be significantly less harsh so you can focus more on where you are going and on who is on the road and not so much on what is on the road.

- Drop in filter.

- Underseat subwoofer and highpass filters on the midrange speakers for a nicer sound during commute (and interstate) travels. There are plenty of better more powerful subs but for me space was a priority as I fully load my car fairly frequently. My sub filled out the sound without taking any of the space I needed by going under the seat. It was also very affordable.

- Brighter and longer range light bulbs (Phillips X-treme Vision) for better visibility on those dark unlit highways when traveling through some rural areas.

- Motul 300 transmission fluid. Much quieter and smoother shifts. Seems to lubricate much better than the stock fluid.

- Round, weighted shift knob. Thought it would just be more of an ergonomics type of upgrade but so far it helps for more comfortable shifting that actually somehow feel more sure and solid than my previous knobs.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I drive mine every day in everything from 90'F to -12'F, bright sunshine to feet of snow. I do remove the summer wheels/tires, splitter, and Mountune intercooler for the winter and install mud flaps, underbody protection, winter mats, and a winter set of wheels and tires. The rest of the modifications stay on the car all year.
You remove the FMIC for winter? Why?