Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spec-D LED Re-pin....how it really goes down

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Tools needed.....

1/4 ratchet w/ 1/4 E6 Internal torx socket ...remove the torx screw sticking out of the back

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Picks of any length...they just need to be skinny and to a point

The Grey connector needs to be separated from the end retainer in white. Utilizing the pic in the side you can gently pry up and the retainer will come out.

The female connectors need to be separated from the grey head after the white retainer comes out...THEY DO NOT just push right out from front to back. Here is why...when you look down the connector with a light there are tangs that much be pushed down with a sewing needle and you must grasp the wire and almost pinch it while applying force to the grey connector while you use the sewing needle to release the tang on the inside.

The connector will look like this when pins are in the correct slots. They slide right in and lock into place after passing the tangs in the grey connector. Then install the white retainer back into the grey connector. You are now ready to rock and roll...relax drink a beer...smoke a doobie....the lights are now ready for install. I would but it's currently -10°. It will happen tomorrow ...when it's 30°.

Video of lights will be tomorrow....then contact Ron at whoosh and order some!

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Very nice. I remember doing that years ago to a Toyota to make magic happen. I look forward to results!!!

Nice write up! May have to get me some in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
I will have video....tonight when it gets dark! I also installed some super bright LED backup lights....so we will see!

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I will have video....tonight when it gets dark! I also installed some super bright LED backup lights....so we will see!

Looking forward to the pictures and output shots.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
What is the best way to post videos here? They are each 10-15secs a piece.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Last edited:
Hmmm I like those, I was looking at them on there and was wondering what it would take to swap. May still get the euro ones, but these are pretty nice as well it seems.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
Hmmm I like those, I was looking at them on there and was wondering what it would take to swap. May still get the euro ones, but these are pretty nice as well it seems.
They are the Red ones!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Got any pictures of them during the day? Not necessarily on, just how they look with the blue.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Debating on getting the smoked red or normal red. Not a fan of clear tail lights.

I think the top white triangle cutout for the blinker bulb looks out of place on the regular red. Most likely going to go with smoked red.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I think the top white triangle cutout for the blinker bulb looks out of place on the regular red. Most likely going to go with smoked red.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. Should look a little better on a white car though.