Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Still shopping...

Malice101

Howdy folks. I'm still in the process of trying to get the best price for a base 2017 ST. There are still plenty to be had so I'm not in a hurry. Just pitting dealer against dealer at this point but have decided this is the best choice for me.

I'm looking at this particular car as an economical sports car. Something for fun in the canyons of California and nimble and easy to drive on our congested streets and freeways. Good gas mileage as an added bonus plus actual storage and useable space. I've had a couple Miata's (1st gen and 3rd gen). Great little cars but lacking if you only have one vehicle. I've yet to run across any negative reviews on this car. After having test driven one I get why they are so well liked (in this configuration anyway). At this point I just want to plant my butt in the lowest priced one I can get.

I typically go up to Big Bear quite a lot in my 05 Escape XLT 4WD and it...uh...well it lacks when the few passing lanes present themselves [facepalm]. Underwhelming is a kind word. The Escape isn't bad for daily driving. I really am, for the most part, satisfied. But I want some performance and it just ain't gonna give it to me. Mind you with the few minor upgrades I've made to the suspension the Escape is really quite nimble. For a small SUV it handles pretty well. Uphill acceleration is another story.

I've had close to 40 cars in my 38 years of being licensed and by far my favorites have been hatchbacks, wagons and small SUV's. From VW Fastbacks (late 60's, early 70's) and Jetta Wagons to Jeep Cherokees. My Honda Fit was a standout because, as the name implies, you could FIT a shit ton of stuff in to it! Not even my Escape or Cherokee holds the same amount. I could remove my mountain bike's front wheel and stand it up in that Fit. It is probably my favorite "overall" car I've ever owned. That's "overall". BMW, Porsche and Subaru? More fun. Practical and useable? Honda Fit.

So this car seems to be a good practical fit for what I do. Spirited runs in the mountains when I'm in the mood. Spirited runs in the mountains when I'm actually off to a destination. Spirited runs to work on a daily basis. Spirited...etc, etc, etc...in other words, no drive will be boring.

I've looked at the competition. In my thinking and in what I have seen? There is no competition. Fiat? Cooper? Please...This seems to be a truly unique little package and I want one. So I will have one. It has just enough creature comforts and encompasses all the things I need and want and has nothing I don't need. Like Recaro's. A moon roof and navigation, etc. They did a really good job with the base IMO.

Now it's just a matter of color and price [deviltail]

I love the Fit for what it is, and the FiST truly is never dull and easy to live with. For me, it was between the FiST, an ND Miata, and the new Civic Si Coupe, and as much as I adored the Miata, the ST made more sense. It also had more personality than the coupe from my experience.

I wish you the best with shopping!