Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anybody run a 16x9 with a +20mm offset?

Looking to get some new wheels & tires in the near future and have been looking at some 16x9 with a +20mm offset. Will also be running a 205/40/16 tires size (if I can find any). Does anybody else run this set up, if so do you have any rubbing issues or fitment issues. *CAR IS STILL ON STOCK SUSPENSION*

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Looking to get some new wheels & tires in the near future and have been looking at some 16x9 with a +20mm offset. Will also be running a 205/40/16 tires size (if I can find any). Does anybody else run this set up, if so do you have any rubbing issues or fitment issues. *CAR IS STILL ON STOCK SUSPENSION*
On a side note, Welcome to the Forum! It also sounds like not many folks here recommend running 205's on a 9" wide wheel.

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
LOL yeah definitely not getting 205's after that look. Buddy at the tire shop doesn't know much I assume.... What tire size would you guys recommend for a 16x8 OR 16x9 set up without having clearance or rubbing issues.

215 on a 16x9 should do it. There are some people running 20 offset. I remember a race red Fist doing it with no issues. Hopefully heā€™s on here

OP
J
Thread Starter #14
I'm just curious to how wide the stance will be with a 9in wide wheel? I don't want anything crazy, but will consider an 8 or 8.5 wide

That pic of the stretched tire is definitely not a 205 on a 9ā€ wheel.

This is a 16x9 15mm offset. Iā€™ll be running these with 245/45/16ā€™s and flares.

IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pic of the stretched tire is definitely not a 205 on a 9ā€ wheel.

This is a 16x9 15mm offset. Iā€™ll be running these with 245/45/16ā€™s and flares.

View attachment 16759
View attachment 16760

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, I posted that picture as a joke. But i bet a 205 on a 9" rim would look awfully close to that much of a stretch. When I had my DSM I had 235's on an 8" Evo wheel. It just sounds crazy to have a tire that much more narrow on an even wider wheel. But to each his own and I can't wait to see what your car will look like with that awesome wheel/tire/flare combo.

yeah, I posted that picture as a joke. But i bet a 205 on a 9" rim would look awfully close to that much of a stretch. When I had my DSM I had 235's on an 8" Evo wheel. It just sounds crazy to have a tire that much more narrow on an even wider wheel. But to each his own and I can't wait to see what your car will look like with that awesome wheel/tire/flare combo.
Oh trust me, I know you did but other members took it seriously haha. The main issue with the Fiesta even with flares is the availability of tire sizes in small wheels (even 17's). Even with the flares I basically have two choices in 16's, a super small amount of 245/45's or a ton of 225/50's. I am choosing to try a 245 to start with and go from there. The problem is cars are getting bigger and bigger and no one wants 15/16" wheels anymore sadly. Hell the Type R comes stock with 20's :(

I'm just curious to how wide the stance will be with a 9in wide wheel? I don't want anything crazy, but will consider an 8 or 8.5 wide
Like I said in the first response, without flares it will have a good bit of poke and coneklr just gave the perfect example. Your best bet if you don't want flares is a 8" wide wheel in the 35-40 offset. Most are posting pictures of that being just about flush. Some people are running 16x8 +20 grids, but I'm pretty sure it takes a bit of camber and some fender rolling with a small pull potentially.

Like I said in the first response, without flares it will have a good bit of poke and coneklr just gave the perfect example. Your best bet if you don't want flares is a 8" wide wheel in the 35-40 offset. Most are posting pictures of that being just about flush. Some people are running 16x8 +20 grids, but I'm pretty sure it takes a bit of camber and some fender rolling with a small pull potentially.
This...

Oh trust me, I know you did but other members took it seriously haha. The main issue with the Fiesta even with flares is the availability of tire sizes in small wheels (even 17's). Even with the flares I basically have two choices in 16's, a super small amount of 245/45's or a ton of 225/50's. I am choosing to try a 245 to start with and go from there. The problem is cars are getting bigger and bigger and no one wants 15/16" wheels anymore sadly. Hell the Type R comes stock with 20's :(
Oh I agree, I work at a GM dealer (buick & gmc) and its rare to get tires for anything smaller than an 18". Our smallest cars are the Encore, (now dead) Verano, and Regal and all of them where 18" and above.