Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Check engine warning - No boost

Was driving on the motorway and check engine warning came up on dash. Car went into limp mode. Turbo has no boost. Pulled on the hard shoulder to restart the car and now it comes on every time I use it for the past 3 days. Can hear a faint whistle in the turbo. Does anyone have any idea what the causes are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Under what conditions did the light come on the first time? I know you said "on the motorway", but were you hammering it?
Did you miss-shift and perhaps over rev the engine? I did this once, threw the car into limp mode and babied it the rest of the way home. I could also hear the turbo spool faintly.
However, upon shutting down and restarting the vehicle, all was fine. That was 2 years ago, haven't had any CELs or wrench lights since then.

Do you have any mods? Anything that was installed recently? Are you tuned?

OP
G
Thread Starter #4
Under what conditions did the light come on the first time? I know you said "on the motorway", but were you hammering it?
Did you miss-shift and perhaps over rev the engine? I did this once, threw the car into limp mode and babied it the rest of the way home. I could also hear the turbo spool faintly.
However, upon shutting down and restarting the vehicle, all was fine. That was 2 years ago, haven't had any CELs or wrench lights since then.

Do you have any mods? Anything that was installed recently? Are you tuned?
Rainy conditions. Was cruising at national speeds in 6th gear when it came on. Only had the car less that 2 weeks. Its revo stage 1 tuned.

OP
G
Thread Starter #5
Any recent work done to the car?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Literally had it for 1 week. I bought it with revo stage 1.

Do you have the tuning box? Can you uninstall the tune and see if it goes away?
If you have an EOBD2 scanner, you could diagnose the light.
Sounds like the BPV is stuck open, but that could be simply a symptom of the light.

Also saw you have this cross-posted in another post, I agree with draxxus too. Check all your boost hoses, especially compressor outlet -->intercooler inlet

OP
G
Thread Starter #8
Do you have the tuning box? Can you uninstall the tune and see if it goes away?
If you have an EOBD2 scanner, you could diagnose the light.
Sounds like the BPV is stuck open, but that could be simply a symptom of the light.
I dont have a tuning box however now the light has gone off so I cant run a diagnostic and get a code [emoji36][emoji23]

I dont have a tuning box however now the light has gone off so I cant run a diagnostic and get a code [emoji36][emoji23]

Ugh that's frustrating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk