Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 1 tune comparison

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #41
No worries hopefully I will update it in a couple months with a fmic and updated tunes.

This thread is awesome. Thanks for the logs and info. Trying to hold off on an AP because I'm not 100% sure who I want a tune from, so threads like this really help.
Why are you waiting for the AP? The Cobb maps are perfectly fine and it still feels much better than stock.

You're missing out without the AP IMO.

At worst, there's always someone selling an AP either here or on any of the Facebook group for like 400 and under. Both the FiST and FoST uses the exact same AP (like mine comes from a FoST owner).

Oh I agree. This won't be my first car with a tune like this. I just got the car, it has 1k miles on it. Just got a v3 big mouth, damond catch can is on the way, front mount is next, then an e30 tune. Just doing research in the meantime.

A7xogg

https://datazap.me/u/a7xogg/wastegate-getting-there?log=0&data=4-5-10

I dont want to thread jack this thread bud added my jstuned log wastegate tuning. after looging at my logs and yall logs, i defiantly recommend a wastegate + jsperformance tune. the reason my logsarent the smoothest is because the car is cutting throttle to control torque(thats how ecoboost ecu's control everything) and we didnt want to overspin the turbo when it gets hot. They have no ethanol in az? with no 93 or ethanol i would definatly invest in methanol injection

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #45
Unfortunately I only have one station in my area and they have downgraded to e55 (or something like that). I may go with wmi eventually but want the fmic. For daily driving with regular fuel.

A7xogg

Unfortunately I only have one station in my area and they have downgraded to e55 (or something like that). I may go with wmi eventually but want the fmic. For daily driving with regular fuel.
E55 still can get you a great e30 blend tune.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #47
Been thinking about it just not sure if I want to deal with testing the mix at the pump. I could just estimate but am way too paranoid since it’s not a flex fuel tune.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #48
I think I will put a gallon of it in to get a little octane boost. I will still be under e15 with just an 11:1 ratio.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #49
One gallon of what the pump says is e85 (pretty sure we have e54 in AZ now) made a real difference. I did a WOT 3rd gear and logged almost no knock. Just one count and the corrections were much more positive than with the regular 91. I was also at least 10 degrees hotter than the last log. I will post some results when I get back to my windows computer. No difference in power but the car did feel smoother. I have a new green filter that I am thinking about installing but all of the dust in the air out here makes me apprehensive.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #51
e30 is the way to go. Redline e30 tune, blue 91 tune.

0 knock, timing advance steady increase to 3 solid at the end of the pull!

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #52
Also I tested the “E85” at my local station and it is e54. On the plus side I can do a 50/50 mix with 91 to get e30.

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #53
I have a Whoosh FMIC, Whoosh hot side pipe and updated e30 tune for the mods on the way. Should have that data up in a week or so. At that point I am pretty much done with the stock turbo.

Can anyone comment on gains to had from e30 vs a 93 tune? I'm currently running an S Tune on 93 but just found an e85 pump near my job. Although I work 70 miles from home and that pump is still the closest I'm considering lugging it in 5 gallon jugs if it's worth it. Any input?

OP
R

redmoe

Thread Starter #55
One thing to keep in mind about E85 is the it will absorb moisture from the air so it is not conducive to longer term storage.

One thing to keep in mind about E85 is the it will absorb moisture from the air so it is not conducive to longer term storage.
I've heard about that but a lot of people have been saying as long as it' in a vapor locked environment it should last?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can anyone comment on gains to had from e30 vs a 93 tune? I'm currently running an S Tune on 93 but just found an e85 pump near my job. Although I work 70 miles from home and that pump is still the closest I'm considering lugging it in 5 gallon jugs if it's worth it. Any input?
Which gas station? Allentown Service Plaza on 476 has E85 (from my last fill up it looks to be about 70% Ethanol) FYI.

Wow, that's a crazy commute. I used to live in Pike county and my parents still work in Middletown. Hats off to you sir
No kidding, I’m originally from pike county but went to school in Scranton and decided to just stay. Although I miss living back in the sticks, everything is a lot more convenient where I’m at now, minus the commute.