Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E30 and Cobb OTS maps

HBEcoBeaST

Currently running Stratifieds E30 tune.

Problem: I don't trust the 'premium' at the G&M where I get my e85. I want to get Chevron 91 but it's over a mile away.

Question: Which map should I run if I fill my 3 gallons of e85 when tank has approx 30miles til empty? I want to drive down the road to top off with Chevron 91. I don't have any spare gas tanks that I'd feel safe driving with on the inside of my car.

Can I run the Cobb stage 0 and a high e mix for a mile or two? I was running e30 on the stock tune with Chevron and power was consistent. Stratifieds tune gives MUCH more power but last 2 tanks feels a little less. Maybe just my butt Dyno being off but I'd rather use Chevron or Shell gas anyways.

Is there something I can log to measure fuel quality? (i.e. v Dyno, afr, etc)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
you don't need to go through all that trouble. just leave the e30 tune on and drive the car ~2 miles to the Chevron to top off with 91, stay out of high load/boost and it'll be fine. If it were me I'd just get the 91 at G&M and be done with it. look at OAR to monitor fuel quality.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #3
you don't need to go through all that trouble. just leave the e30 tune on and drive the car ~2 miles to the Chevron to top off with 91, stay out of high load/boost and it'll be fine. If it were me I'd just get the 91 at G&M and be done with it. look at OAR to monitor fuel quality.
Thanks. This will be an experiment to see if I notice a difference. I swear the last 2 tanks I have a little less power. Last fill-up a tuned mustang guy at the station also getting e85 told me their gas was crap, "aarco is better, don't get premium here it's hit or miss at best". So it's definitely fueled my concern enough to try something different.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thanks. This will be an experiment to see if I notice a difference. I swear the last 2 tanks I have a little less power. Last fill-up a tuned mustang guy at the station also getting e85 told me their gas was crap, "aarco is better, don't get premium here it's hit or miss at best". So it's definitely fueled my concern enough to try something different.

It doesn’t sound like the G&M petrol is the problem; I’d be more skeptical of the E85 you’re getting. It is winter, so it could be a winter mix; your E85 could be E70. Have you tested the E85 lately?

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #5
It doesn’t sound like G&M is the problem; I’d be more skeptical of the E85 you’re getting. It is winter, so it could be a winter mix; your E85 could be E70. Have you tested the E85 lately?
Tbh no I haven't tested it and hadn't given much thought. Don't know why. I usually add a little over 3gal but it wouldn't make up for e70. Ordering an Amazon ethanol tester right now.