Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New guy from Ontario ready to pull the trigger on a new FiST

where did you read that? Goes against everything I've come across - and I'm only reading articles that discuss the 2018 FiST (new model or old model) model coming to North America and/or Canada
Just check on Ford US website and go build your own ;) All those articles were wrong. It was the rumor of the time when they were written even if there was easily available hint that the 2018 would be going on one more year (the brochure was already available and stated a 2018 model with nothing new but a backup camera as standard equipment) .

I also sent a message to a Ford Canada rep and he told me that 2018 is supposed to be avaible in Canada too but he couldn't give me a when.

But check this post, someone already ordered a 2018 in Canada, so check with your local dealer: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...lable-to-order?p=275127&viewfull=1#post275127

As for the price right now, the financing option is disappointing it's true, but cash price for the car is 1100$ less than when the "Employee price rebates" is available. It won't get lower, they really want these 2017 to get out of the lots.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
^^^ He’s right. 2017’s are cheap. I’m not sure we’ll see such great rebates on the 2018’s, but I hope we will.

OP
C
Thread Starter #23
Thanks for the heads up!! and glad to hear the FiSt will still around for a little bit to come.

I would guess the interest rates on 2018's won't be anywhere near 1%? Rebates don't offset higher rates it seams.
...But very cool news....to bad they still aren't offering a blue option - magnetic grey is my second choice at this point.

Well usually, it's either cash rebate or low % financing, never both at the same time. So once this promotion ends up at the end of January, who knows what they will offer (or when will they offer the 2018)? I'm sure there will be low % financing later during the year, but it's the matter of when, what will be in stock during that time frame and whether or not it will be too late to order your 2018 or be stuck with what is available on dealer lots, risking having colors/options that you don't want.

Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated! What were your other impressions moving from the mz3 to the Fist - maybe in terms of interior, cabin/cargo space? etc. THanks
Just to be clear I did not move from MZ3 to FiST. I had a MZ3 a few years back, drove it for about 5 years. Interior is definitely smaller in the FiST. Do not expect it to be as roomy as the MZ3. As long as you keep this in mind you won't be disappointed. The fit and finish was a little better on the Mazda when new but after a few years the squeaks and rattles were there. The front seats are 100X better in the FiST. Be sure to sit in one before committing and remember that the seat will break in and mold to your body better in time.

OP
C
Thread Starter #26
Just to be clear I did not move from MZ3 to FiST. I had a MZ3 a few years back, drove it for about 5 years. Interior is definitely smaller in the FiST. Do not expect it to be as roomy as the MZ3. As long as you keep this in mind you won't be disappointed. The fit and finish was a little better on the Mazda when new but after a few years the squeaks and rattles were there. The front seats are 100X better in the FiST. Be sure to sit in one before committing and remember that the seat will break in and mold to your body better in time.
Cool. I was thinking the along same lines as you stated. And I can't stand rattles and squeaks but my mz3 been fairly good in that respect - as long as the build quality is similar in the new FiST

I really like the interior of the new Mazda3 (and very unlikely there will be a new SP3).

I hope I can at least fit two hockey bags in the back of the FiST (with the seats down of course) - I know its a weird yard arm to use but thats how much space I want - I would likely drive around with seats down almost all the time

Hello! No issues here after 27k miles on my 2015. The dash does have it's small share of squeaks and rattles (particularly when cold), and there's a distinct "clicking" noise when engaging/disengaging clutch pedal at low speeds (shrug). Other than that no regrets at all. I came from German car land and I rather mkiss it, so if I was in the market right now, Id see if the new and much improved VW warranty applied to the 2018 GTI (don't see why it wouldn't), and go for a 4 door GTI S with DSG. Bolt on some stuff, tune it, and have something like a mini front wheel drive GTR that could embarrass many cars. You will absolutely not get that compliant, solid, stable feel in the FIST as you get in the Germans.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sherriff

I just re-checked the website and you're definitely right....i think the last time I was checking the interest rate on 84 months was 1%.

The "new offer" with 3k rebate and 3.99% is much much worse - by my calculations the monthly payment would increase in this scenario by $40 and cost of borrowing would actually be approx $3400 more than the 1% scenario. -

I *guess *its not a deal breaker since I would likely pay the loan off sooner (I'm assuming they're open loans) or make lump sum payment to principal every so often.

*my numbers are based on 84 amortization period - some might not agreed with such a long amortization but I would prefer my cash flow to go towards investments instead*
Also from Ontario, this is the deal I ended up getting. I would have preferred a lower interest rate but it's still competitive. The FiST still came in much cheaper than the competition I compared it to(VW GTI, Civic SI, Focus ST, BRZ)
Combined with the good trade in value given on my FZ-09 it definitely won, delivery is this week =)

OP
C
Thread Starter #31
Question to everyone:

I found a 2014 Blue Fiesta ST near me on autotrader.ca.

I've been holding out since blue is the color I want and only offered in 2014 and 2015 and I don't mind buying used.

This one:
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Fiesta/Toronto/Ontario/5_37562239_/

is listed for approx $14k CAD - (this works out to approx $10,800 USD) with approx 100kms (approx 63,000 miles). Loaded with sunroof and Recaros.

Doesn't have the black alloys (which I don't want) and I'm assuming it has Sync 3 (or whatever) rather than Apple auto play (which I would like but probably don't need).

BUT I think this is a good deal ??? I don't see any after market parts under in the engine bay but those could have been removed by whoever traded it in.

What typical "wear items" should I be aware of on a 4 year old FiST with over 60k miles ? (Rust? suspension? rubber mounting points?)

Cheers guys