Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help understanding AP slot use

I am planning to order a tune from Stratified. I want a single combo file, with 93 in slot 1 and e30 in slot 2. This will leave me 3 empty slots that can be loaded with options such as valet slot, low boost/eco slot, etc. My question is: how does this work? For example, let's say I select slot 2 using my cruise control buttons. I understand that I will then have the e30 tune loaded. But what if I want to enable the low boost mode that is in slot 3? Do I just then select slot 3? Will that automatically overlay on the e30 tune that was loaded when I selected slot 2? If yes, how do I know when I select slot 3 if I am turning low boost mode on or off?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am planning to order a tune from Stratified. I want a single combo file, with 93 in slot 1 and e30 in slot 2. This will leave me 3 empty slots that can be loaded with options such as valet slot, low boost/eco slot, etc. My question is: how does this work? For example, let's say I select slot 2 using my cruise control buttons. I understand that I will then have the e30 tune loaded. But what if I want to enable the low boost mode that is in slot 3? Do I just then select slot 3? Will that automatically overlay on the e30 tune that was loaded when I selected slot 2? If yes, how do I know when I select slot 3 if I am turning low boost mode on or off?
Food for thought....When and if you travel out of state like I have it's nice to have a 91 octane file....in some states it's hard to find 93...trust me I've done it!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
apex1
Thread Starter #3
Food for thought....When and if you travel out of state like I have it's nice to have a 91 octane file....in some states it's hard to find 93...trust me I've done it!

Very good point and there is no reason for me not to also have a 91 slot. I could always uninstall the AP and revert to OEM in the unlikely event I can't get 93, but having a 91 slot makes more sense as long as I don't need the slot for something else I want to add.

brbauer2

You also have the COBB OTS tunes to fall back on. They have Stage 0 (stock) and then Stage 1/2/3 in 91 or 93.

For your use I would do Slot 1 - 93 | Slot 2 - 93 low boost | Slot 3 - E30 | Slot 4 - E30 low boost | Slot 5 - whatever

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Very good point and there is no reason for me not to also have a 91 slot. I could always uninstall the AP and revert to OEM in the unlikely event I can't get 93, but having a 91 slot makes more sense as long as I don't need the slot for something else I want to add.
I have in my Stratified tune for stock turbo...it goes...93oct....91oct...e30tune. Works great!

I doubt it's an overlay. Should be considered a different map altogether. You should be able to check which map you're on by pressing the cancel button for the cruise control. The tach reading divided by 1000 will let you know which slot you're on.

Each slot has it's on unique settings, one does not "over lay" another in any way. You can tell which slot you are in by pressing the cruise cancel button, the tach needle position shows which slot you are in. There's also a monitor you can set on the AP itself to display current slot.

felopr

[video=youtube;vmvqXnQ48pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmvqXnQ48pg[/video]

I've never had it switch on me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Aside from the obvious cases like the battery being disconnected or the tune being reflashed, I have had it happen before. It was only a couple times and it was on a previous, slightly buggy AccessPort firmware version. Current AP firmware has been solid.

Generally defaults back to slot one so it’s probably best practice to make that the most mild setting.

Is worth noting that when you manually adjust some settings outside of their defaults, like the TC multiplier or the FFS or LC RPM settings, those do not stay set between restarts. They default back to the value defined in the tune/slot each restart.