Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

bluefin stage 2

brbauer2

Seems like total BS. The air intake might get you +5hp, nowhere near 60.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
F

FiestaIL

Thread Starter #3
Seems like total BS. The air intake might get you +5hp, nowhere near 60.

it's not only the induction kit... that's a car map but they only require an induction kit while other companies require air filter, downpipe, etc...

Ylli

Hello my friend

I have installed the exact same kit, except my Fiesta is a 2015 model.

I don't know if you really get your 240 hp, but it sure as hell is fast after this. I'd say it's really safe, I've put quite a few miles on it since the install and I floor it every day as soon as the engine is warm. Nice power curve too :) I roll race anyone who tries to mess with the Little Fiesta and a lot of cars get stomped by the Fiesta lol, our europe spec Fiesta is 1200 kg.. You do the maths of kg per hp and compare to golf r and its kind ;P

I'd say 220-225 hp as the tune is the Thing that makes most hp.. other kits with downpipe requirements only rip you off and in switzerland I will never Need an intercooler on a stock turbo

Soon a big Turbo is going on this Little beast

One thing to keep in mind is that the Euro car is listed at 179 bhp while the US is 197 bhp, even though they make the same power. The US output is while in overboost, while the Euro number can't be listed on overboost. So 18 hp is the difference there and this kit adds "only" 42 hp in US speak. 42 hp for an intake and reflash with stock everything else and no E30? That sounds optimistic to me, as suggested above by Ylli who has it installed.

Ylli

One thing to keep in mind is that the Euro car is listed at 179 bhp while the US is 197 bhp, even though they make the same power. The US output is while in overboost, while the Euro number can't be listed on overboost. So 18 hp is the difference there and this kit adds "only" 42 hp in US speak. 42 hp for an intake and reflash with stock everything else and no E30? That sounds optimistic to me, as suggested above by Ylli who has it installed.
Exactly! Nonetheless I would go for it as it‘s the cheapest power for a EU spec FiST.

It sure as hell feels like 240 hp, maybe because of less weight than US fiesta and our 95 pump gas? That, or the huge low down torque..

brbauer2

Exactly! Nonetheless I would go for it as it‘s the cheapest power for a EU spec FiST.

It sure as hell feels like 240 hp, maybe because of less weight than US fiesta and our 95 pump gas? That, or the huge low down torque..
Your 95 is like our 91.

Ylli

Your 95 is like our 91.

Sorry, I should have clarified: I converted it to your octane rating.. we have 100 RON at pump stations, which equals to your 95 octane rating

brbauer2

Sorry, I should have clarified: I converted it to your octane rating.. we have 100 RON at pump stations, which equals to your 95 octane rating
We don't have 95 Octane [emoji24]

LaserWhisperer

The item in question claims 240bhp, which is not the same as whp.
I would estimate that it's safe to assume that an FWD car would lose about 15% power due to drivetrain losses.

So
240(bhp)*0.85 = 204whp
343 N*m *0.737 = 252ft/lb.

By those numbers, would put this tune on par with Cobb Stage 2, or roughly thereabouts.

Their claim is accurate, just need to adjust scales and perspective.

Last edited:
The item in question claims 240bhp, which is not the same as whp.
I would estimate that it's safe to assume that an FWD car would lose about 15% power due to drivetrain losses.

So
240(bhp)*0.85 = 204whp
343 N*m *0.737 = 252ft/lb.

By those numbers, would put this tune on par with Cobb Stage 2, or roughly thereabouts.

Their claim is accurate, just need to adjust scales and perspective.
If you follow the OP's link to the website, they have dyno graphs showing their claimed numbers. That seems like their claimed numbers are wheel horsepower and torque.

LaserWhisperer

If you follow the OP's link to the website, they have dyno graphs showing their claimed numbers. That seems like their claimed numbers are wheel horsepower and torque.
I did originally. If you notice on the left side of the plots, is clearly states BHP an N*m
Hence my calculations and conversions