Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Changing the Color of the ST Emblems

Has anyone here changed the color of their emblems? If so, how?

I was searching for vinyl stickers earlier this month, but I gave up after a while.

Not all vinyl is created equal. Mine have started to crack around the edges after 2 years. DMB graphics do really good work. They do inlays and gel inlays. If I were to go this route again I would do gel,as it is, the front sees lots of rocks and debris and the gel inlay will be a little more resilient.

OP
Sprinkle_Star
Thread Starter #4
Thanks! Now the next challenge is figuring out which color will go well with Magnetic!

brbauer2

Red goes amazing with Magnetic, but everyone does red with it. Could go for something like teal or lime green with some other tasteful accents in the same color.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back when I ordered mine from here they were only like $8. Not sure why the price jump. I couldn't find the same product I ordered from them before. They were vinyl stickers and they looked great. I took them off only because I wasn't digging the look, so back to red. But, the stickers shipped from UK just fine and I was happy with the product.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I wish someone made an inlay for the ST logo on the steering wheel. Would be tedious since it's small but I'm trying to make every ST logo nitrous blue lol. I know there is no hope for me when it comes to the seat logos.

I bought car wrap vinyl because it manipulates easily with heat and cuts very nice with a exacto knife. I just layed the color I wanted over said badge and used a card to press it into the edges and then just simply heated and trimmed after. Took maybe 10 minutes a side being kind of anal, haha.

Think I posted this on here someplace previously, but what I did was peeled the existing vinyl or whatever it is out of the badge, then flowed in (almost pored) some good quality enamel with the aid of a fine craft paintbrush on a level surface. No masking or anything, as if you're careful you don't need it as the paint finds it's on level if the piece is on a flat surface. Let cure for a few days, then polish with coarse then fine cutting compound. Pretty irreversible, but more hardy than a vinyl kit.