Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone with Recent Bluetooth Troubles???

I get my Fiesta back from the shop a few weeks ago and am now having Bluetooth connectivity issues. When I start the car, it doesn’t always connect to my phone. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 11.2.4. I just updated today to 11,2.5, but it still doesn’t connect each time.

Sometimes, less than half the time, it does connect successfully. But most times, I have to go into my phone setting and manually select SYNC to force the phone to connect,

I tried a master reset to no avail.

This never happened before. Before, it always reliably connected.

Anyone else have this issue? Any fixes? Should I try pulling the fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try removing the phone from the list within Sync (unpair) and then set up fresh. I have had to do this a couple of times since owning the car.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I’ve done a clean reconnect multiple times with no luck. The 11.2.5 update seems to now connect successfully in startup, but it sometimes drops connection in the middle of a drive.

Maybe this is an iPhone issue...

I’ve done a clean reconnect multiple times with no luck. The 11.2.5 update seems to now connect successfully in startup, but it sometimes drops connection in the middle of a drive.

Have you tried range checking your Bluetooth? Get someone to help you and check and see what distance you can get with your phone from the car before it disconnects. I would expect at least a 10 feet perimeter. If it has trouble staying connected then you may be getting some sort of interference or the bt module is transmitting a weak signal.... BTW I am using an Android phone and cannot speak to Apple issues...

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
Have you tried range checking your Bluetooth? Get someone to help you and check and see what distance you can get with your phone from the car before it disconnects. I would expect at least a 10 feet perimeter. If it has trouble staying connected then you may be getting some sort of interference or the bt module is transmitting a weak signal.... BTW I am using an Android phone and cannot speak to Apple issues...
I keep the phone in my pocket, or on the mount - it's at most two feet away from the display. I don't think it's a distance issue. I think there's just something wrong with the OS.

My iPhone is also running iOS 11.2.5 and the Bluetooth connection is solid. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk